On Seller Hub tonight, Has anyone else gotten a YOUR PAYOUTS ARE ON HOLD notice? (red banner)

Never a dull moment on ebay! 

tyler@ebay

I opened up Seller Hub tonight to find a one sentence notice highlighted in red across the top of the page. Cannot recall the exact language but it plainly stated my "payouts were on hold" until ebay received some sort of "verification" using the provided link. 

Naturally, being keen to find out what the heck this could possibly be about I immediately clicked on the link .... within seconds a "Success" screen appeared which only served  to muddy the waters further.

The address of the "Success" page I was sent to began with https://kycremedyweb.ebay.ca/success/ .

A quick web search revealed kyc is ebay jargon meaning "Know Your Customer". As far as I can tell it has to do with verifying new sellers in India.  I'm neither a new seller nor one from India.

I did have a couple of sales today, the funds were received in my PayPal account as usual. 

Have other Canadian sellers run into this?

According to ebay my account was updated but I did not submit anything other than a mouse click. What's up with this new wrinkle? Could I be heading for trouble here, I currently have auctions running and I'd hate to have bidding interfered with.

Screenshot (32).png

Found this ebay india page which clears up a few things, sounds like this may have something to do with vetting ebay.india sellers to sell on other ebay sites. The text highlighted in red sounds a lot like what happened to me tonight but what does a Canadian seller like me have to do with this.  

https://www.ebay.in/pages/help/sell/kyc-acceptable-documents.html

List of acceptable required documents for KYC (Know Your Customer) Process

In order to maintain a safe trading environment, eBay places limits on sellers account. When your selling account reaches the global trading limit you will be blocked from selling and messaged to complete your KYC (Know Your Customer) Process.

Based on your 'Business Type' selected during seller registration you will need to give a few scanned documents as mentioned below and get your Seller Registration account KYC verified.

Please check on the Business Type and the required documents as explained in the table below.

• Individual

• Sole Proprietor

• Company /Business

• Partnership Firm

• Trust & Foundation

• Limited liability partnership(LLP)

• Hindu Undivided Family(HUF)

Please click here to update/upload your KYC details and documents once you have all your documents ready for upload.

Please upload documents in any of these formats & file size: JPEG / PNG / PDF formats only. (Maximum allowed file size is 5MB)

Individual

Proof of Identity (POI)*

Permanent Account Number Card

Proof of Address (POA)* - Any of the specified documents

Valid Passport

Both sides of Aadhaar Card

Valid Driving License (Both sides, If applicable)

Telephone / Mobile Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Electricity Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Bank statement (should not be older than 90 days)

Other Mandatory Documents*

GST certificate

Importer Exporter Code (IEC) certification

T&C*

*Subject to satisfaction of eBay

Sole Proprietor

Proof of Identity (POI)*

Permanent Account Number Card

Valid Passport

Both sides of Aadhaar Card

Valid Driving License (Both sides, If applicable)

Telephone / Mobile Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Electricity Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Bank statement (should not be older than 90 days)

If the Account type, PAN number & name (individual/business) is mentioned in GSTIN online verification site then there is no need to ask for a Bank declaration letter for Sole Proprietor account type. If Bank declaration letter with bank's stamp and signature of bank representative confirming the details of firm's proprietor(s)

GST certificate

T&C*

Company/Business

Proof of Identity (POI)*

Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card of the Company

Company Telephone Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Company Electricity Bill (should not be older than 90 days)

Company Bank statement (should not be older than 90 days)

Proof of Relation/Registration

IEC Certificate

Partnership deed

Gumasta

Certificate of Incorporation

MOA (Memorandum & Article of Association)

Latest list of Directors

GST certificate

T&C*

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

On Seller Hub tonight, Has anyone else gotten a YOUR PAYOUTS ARE ON HOLD notice? (red banner)

Nope not yet anyway, and yes it would have freaked me out if I got this too!!!!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@kawartha-ephemera 

Does this mean you are now "almost" verified to sell on eBay India? Ummm congrats??  I understand that would be a very big market in the scheme of things, but not sure how reliable their mail service is?   🙂

-Lotz

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I just received the same banner on my Seller Hub. Will now ignore it, as I was told months ago that everything was set up correctly.  And the Managed Payments started for me today.  Just posted to Tyler on the weekly chat that 10 of my listings were ended today because they are not allowed with managed payments now.  Will see what other fun developments happen.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Interesting news, too bad you cannot list the currency now.

The thing is I've never been invited to register for MP, I've never received any communication whatever on the subject. What happened when you clicked on the update account link?
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I never clicked on the update link as I read your post before it happened. Just ignoring it & hope it goes away on it's own.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I suppose we can hope and pray this is just a harmless glitch. My lord I hope they haven't placed my account on a MP activation list I know nothing of ... 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Well @kawartha-ephemera - sounds like your evening ended up oddly eventful, sorry about that!

KYC is indeed an eBay (and industry) term for 'Know your Customer'. While most prominently discussed for eBay India sellers and that vetting process, it's also one of the verification steps for managed payments. However, the process itself is not just a single click. 

I'm looking more into this, but my suspicion is that this was a Seller Hub banner that inadvertently went out to a larger audience than intended. Because you haven't been notified to register for managed payments the single click 'successfully' verified you because you aren't on any list to take through the subsequent steps. 

Again, that's just my half-baked idea (disclaimer that I'm not a payments teammate here), but I'll see if there's more info I can find out. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I have the same thing - Payouts on Hold.  In addition, the information I entered about my account yesterday is no longer there either.  Sure makes someone nervous when eBay asks for account information and then something is wrong???

Message 9 of 9
latest reply