Paypal payment under review...

fernsevern
Community Member

"xxxx just sent you money with PayPal. To help protect you, we're reviewing this payment.

The Payment Review may take up to 24 hours. When we've completed the review, we'll either clear or cancel the payment. If the payment clears: You may proceed to process the order. To know if your item is covered, check the 'Seller Protection' section of the 'Transaction Details' page and ensure that it states 'Eligible'.

You shouldn't provide the item or service purchased until we let you know that the payment has cleared. We'll send you an email when we complete the review or you can check the Transaction History tab of your PayPal account.

xxxxxis a Unverified Customer"

I just received the above. I was already concerned with this sale as the buyer has low feedback and the items total $267. The buyer is in India and even the new tracked small packet may be no protection as there is no on line signature with that service.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

"Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation?"

Yes.

Only one thing to do: wait until you hear from PayPal within a day or two.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Yes, do not ship your item. Paypal will usually get back to you in 48 hours.

Happened twice last year. Seems there was unauthorized use of the Paypal accounts & both sales were cancelled.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I should add that I had that experience several times last year and every transaction was approved by PayPal within 24-48 hours. No problem with any of these transactions for me.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Several Times ???  Does this happen often ???  What was the problem Pierre ? That is if you can mention it.

Only happened to me twice in all my years selling, both times last year & both sales were cancelled.

Sales were small, one for thirty, one for twenty.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

fernsevern
Community Member

Thanks for the input. My initial concern was that it was just over the $250 U.S. where a signature is required. I thought buyer could claim not received even though tracking showed it delivered, but Canada Post may not pay as tracking showed it was.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

fernsevern
Community Member

This was for a bunch of stamp lots with an average price of about $10 each.

I guess I'll see if it clears or not. Then I may check out private insurance options. It hurts that small packet air no longer has insurance.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Did you ship the item ?

Pierre mentioned he has come across this several times, though i am not sure if he actually shipped the items. Seems to have worked out for him.

In my case the Paypal notice came before i shipped the items.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Missed your last post, i take it the items have not been shipped.

I guess I would wait until Paypal gives you the go ahead.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"What was the problem Pierre ? That is if you can mention it."

PayPal never indicated what the problem was.  I can understand the need for confidentiality.

I recall in one instance, the amount was only $10.00 !

It may have been a missing link to a bank account or a credit card that had expired or... or... random security check or.. or.. We will never know.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I guess their could be a myriad of reasons & can understand the need for confidentiality.

Good to know as it has only happened to me twice & it seemed to have worked out for both of us.

Probably will for Fern also.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

The last "review" I had on a payment was finally approved.....it  took 17 days!

I forwarded the original notice to the buyer and then the approval message when it came.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply