Promotion Sept. 24 to Oct. 6 for 10 new Listings

2budds
Community Member

I have listings which will be automatically renewed, as they do every 30 days, during this period. 

Will they be counted as one of the ten allowed listings.

I have experienced this in the past when they had this promotion.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I am fairly certain that once you agree to the promotion, the next 10 items listed OR relisted will count towards that promotion.  I haven't seen that promo but I believe that's how they normally work. Do you have a link to the promo?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I got it also - here is the link.

https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2019/0924/hotproducts.html

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@2budds wrote:

I have listings which will be automatically renewed, as they do every 30 days, during this period. Will they be counted as one of the ten allowed listings.

When you activate the offer the next 10 listings that renew will be used for the offer.

So don't activate until you have 10 listings you want to use it for. You could use it for high value items (maximum potential savings) or you could use it for items that will sell (guaranteed savings).

Unlike some other offers, the listing fee is not free.

Not mentioned is whether or not this offer applies to listings where the quantity is more than one.

-..-

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No, I do not agree with the answers. Below is an excerpt from the Restrictions and Exclusions for the offer:
The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.
The listings which were “relists” were created before the promotion period.
I need eBay to make this more clear in any future promotions.
I will not accept this and want the listings I have done since the promotion started on September 24th to October 6th included in this offer and any relisted items where were created prior to September 24th and relisted during this time period not included in the promotion.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

What! You activated the promo and had it show in the seller hub?

I activated and I have nothing showing in the hub and have no idea which listings actually qualified for this promo.  Could be the new ones I put up, the old ones I relisted, or those that were automatically renewed -- if it doesn't show in the hub there is no way to see which listings got the promo after activation (aside from some actual sales with the lower FVF showing).

tyler@ebay 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I activated also....from an email in gmail. Did not receive in eBay email. From my understanding though, I was not supposed to receive?!?!? And it self destructs on the 6th. Ooopsie!! Expires.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I activated also....from an email in gmail. Did not receive in eBay email.

I activated from an email (not in ebay messages or the hub). As a test I tried reactivating and got a message saying: You've already accepted the offer "List in-demand items and save on final value fees!"

Maybe that's the listing restriction, "in-demand items", what ever they are?

-..-

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I activated also....from an email in gmail. Did not receive in eBay email.

I activated from an email (not in ebay messages or the hub).

Just sold an item with FVF dropped by 50% -- still no promo details in the Seller hub.

But I will smile Smiley Wink at the extra profit margin and hope some of the rest will sell as well.

-..-

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis  

I had a listing sell yesterday with mysterious discounted FVF's. Doesn't really explain the discount clearly in my eye. Also, still does not show in Hub anywhere so no way to confirm which, if any listings the promotion was originally applied to.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 10
latest reply