Reduction of Free Insertion Listings - Not a good for the Seller

It seems Ebay has decided to cancel the 100,000 free insertion listings as of December 30th 2021. This is a bad idea by Ebay. With the reduction this will mean for sellers that there will be significant increase of cost of selling on Ebay. With Ebays already High Fee percentage this will increase it even higher and possibly make it impossible to make a living on Ebay. Ebay can certainly see that the increased free insertions meant more Sales and more Listings for which they received Fees for. I for one will have no choice but to cancel my listings that are alloted over my store subscription level. Only so much of the Cost of a Sale can be allocated for Fees, increasing that cost makes it not feasable to sell the item.

Lets talk about Selling price of a item. With the increase in fees means that you will have to increase the Cost of a item - this could make you not competitive in price and reduce your Sales further. Reduction of Sales means a increase in selling cost (% of Fees based on Sales).

With the 100,000 Free Insertion Listings it was good for the Seller to make some money finally - not only Ebays Profits.

ty

g1v2d3

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yup!.... would have helped many sellers and non-store sellers too, who are still struggling during these still difficult times....

& for myself as well after the "probationary seller limits" allotted to those of us who dragged our feet in signing up for MP & are now considered "new sellers"> would have given a nice boost for later on...

Thank goodness I still list & sell elsewhere!!...

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You have over 20 thousand listings almost exclusively in the "Sports Trading Cards" category.

I have to assume you only have a Basic store if you're commenting on insertion fees? The next step up (Premium store) gives you 50 thousand 'zero insertion fee listings' in the "Sports Trading Cards" category, which is much more than you currently utilize.

The price difference between a Basic and Premium store (renewed yearly) is $40 CAD. If your business with an inventory level in excess of 20 thousand items can't handle a $40 monthly increase in fees then I think you're doing something wrong... 

Not to mention the increased shipping supplies coupon you'd receive with a Premium store.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

All of the promotional Free Listings were on a month to month basis over the past year.

That this one was late to start, on the 4th rather than the 1st, is the only change I noticed, although I did pull down about 50 listings that were about to close on those few days, so that they would not relist exceeding what seemed to be my Store 'free' listings.

You do know that you can list just as many Free items on dotCOM as you have on dotCA, right? Double the listings, no extra fees.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

And this morning I got a fancy email from eBay announcing the already in place 100,000 Free Listings.

Others?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I Got this in my promotional offers:

2021 Holiday 100K ZIF Promotion

This holiday season list more items with the 100K ZIF promotion

not that it will do me any good on my now restricted listing ability having just signed on with Managed Payments but because I have not listed since April, am now considered a "NEW" seller and it matters not whether I list on .COM or .CA the restricted/limited number of listings is the combined total of both sites...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply