Send "Buy it now" to auction

Tried to send "buy it now" listings to auction.  That's doesn't seem to be possible.  Is that no longer available?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I still see the option, but I didn't try to see if it still 'works' or not....

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 10.21.08 PM.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Actually, I see it in two places. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 10.22.36 PM.png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I get that too, but when I try, the "send to auction"  is inactive.  I've tried several listings, and nothing.  I never had any problem until a few days ago.  As I never use all my free listings, I ended the listing, and re-listed as an auction.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Interesting. I’ll try myself tomorrow. If eBay staff work Easter Monday, we should probably tag someone to see what’s up with it.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Update:  Site works this morning, so probably another glitch.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

So what exactly is so special about the  sendto on-line auction. Seems to be noting more than a automated listing process to add your items as auction vs buy now.  Does it give you more exposure on Ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I think if you have a Fixed Price item quantity of more than one, it will keep your BIN active but reduce the quantity available by one while Sending to Auction? I'm not certain, but that's what I recall. It's just another tool otherwise. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@momcqueenwrote:

I think if you have a Fixed Price item quantity of more than one, it will keep your BIN active but reduce the quantity available by one while Sending to Auction? I'm not certain, but that's what I recall. It's just another tool otherwise. 

That is what I recall also. The feature made it easy to create an auction from a Fixed Price listing. Other wise a seller would have to do a Sell Similar of the Fixed Price listing, change from Fixed Price to Auction, list it and then revise their Fixed Price listing quantity to lower the quantity by one.

Just a tool leftover from years ago when store inventory was not in search and sellers used to drive buyers to their store with an auction that was visible in search. The advice back then was for store owners to have a few auctions on items that could be found in search and seen by buyers and then hopefully the buyer would click on the store link in the listing to view the store listings.

When store listings were included in eBay search around 2010, it removed one of the reasons auctions were used back then.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply