Shipping Supplies Coupon

I've just spent two over-the-top frustrating phone calls regarding my shipping supplies

coupon.

They have no idea whatsoever about how Canadians use these coupons even though I called eBay.ca help lines.

I may as well be asking a stranger on the corner for help and so I'm posting here as well.

I'm Canadian with an eBay.com store.

For the first half year or so everything was fine and I cashed my $70 coupon with no issues.

The coupon should be $70 Canadian regardless of where my store is (.ca vs. .com) as it was in the beginning.

Then instead of getting coupon for $70 they started issuing me a coupon for about $67 meaning that I had to pay the difference.

Now I'm getting the message that my coupon can't be applied to this order.

I'm going to the new store as advised and wondering if others are having the same issue because the new store only has a FB count of 5.  Surely there would be more FB if it were running smoothly.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Shipping Supplies Coupon

Anyway, after going through about 5 reps and a couple of hours of frustration they issued a new coupon code and it took and since my order was for $65 the shortage issue was avoided.................. until next time.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

hlmacdon
Community Member
@sylviebee wrote:

I'm going to the new store as advised and wondering if others are having the same issue because the new store only has a FB count of 5.  Surely there would be more FB if it were running smoothly.

You should be good to go with the new store. They had to open a second store for some rather hilarious reasons. Ebay encouraged them to enroll in the managed payments beta test without advising them of some very important consequences, namely that it would completely break their store as the beta is not setup for international payments. After ypdc_dennis pointed this out ebay figured out what they had broken and advised their vendor partner to open a second store, hence it has no feedback as this happened very recently.

Maybe if a certain CEO wasn't hell bent on fudging the numbers on managed payments (marketing dollars being thrown at it via exclusive promos, a forced program that cuts off competing payment systems) we wouldn't have amateurish mistakes like this being made. I hope said vendor partner was financially compensated for that boondoggle. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

I just learned about the "managed payment" system last night when I bought something and couldn't pay via Paypal....  Is it an exclusive thing?  If a seller opts for managed payment are they not able to offer Paypal as well?

I was annoyed at first.... but Amazon doesn't offer Paypal either and they're doing ok.....

Ian

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

@ichopshop wrote:

I just learned about the "managed payment" system last night when I bought something and couldn't pay via Paypal....  Is it an exclusive thing?  If a seller opts for managed payment are they not able to offer Paypal as well?

The "managed payments" is in beta test -- currently USA based sellers only, no paypal available and restrictions on shipping outside the USA during the beta test.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

So I just got lucky (unlucky) by making a purchase from a beta program participant...

Ian

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

The new store isn't showing up for me. I have it as https://www.ebay.ca/str/shippingsuppliescanada and when I go there, I get a "This page does not exist." message. Has anyone been able to access the store and use their coupon?
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Shipping Supplies Coupon

Yes! Thank you very much. 🙂
Message 9 of 9
latest reply