Slow parcel movement on tracked parcel to USA

FYI.

Mailed a parcel from Calgary to NY, USA - tracked on Mar 17 - it showed on CPC as in transit until last night Mar 24 when it now shows "International item being forwarded to destination country - Richmond, BC.  Very slow and today has not been updated.

My problem with this is, apart from it being very slow, is that on ebay the tracking info is showing today as "Origin Post Is Preparing to Ship."  This is what the buyer saw and sent me an upset email stating why did you say it was shipped on the 17th when you haven't mailed it yet on Mar 25th.

So, for everyone, a bit of mail info - the mail parcel to the States is very slow and thanks to eBay for showing incorrect tracking info.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@lucitabby 

Everything is moving much slower. Canada and USA. I had a package from Calgary to N. of Winnipeg. 5 days to reach Winnipeg. Possibly on its way north tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Another 3 days Calgary to Edmonton and then going west. Scans are either missing or delayed big time. For the buyers that check it can be very confusing.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

As time goes by, mail may slow even further but did not affect a package I shipped to the USA on an earlier date ....it was a Small Packet USA package I mailed March 12th arrived and delivered to its Colorado destination on the 24th.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ask your buyer to track using USPS website, they probably don't understand that API's often have a huge delay. This is to reduce traffic. That way the API can connect during off peak times or at set intervals, instead of doing realtime. 

Sounds like your buyer just needs to chill and realize there is a pandemic going on.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

10-12 days is what I tell my buyers.

Last week I sent a package the morning of the 20th from the Vancouver area.  It arrived in a small town outside Portland (after passing through SF) in 5 days!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply