Something to note regarding out of stock usage and item upgrades.

Today I got a notification that an out of stock item had been ended

(this is correct because I've hung onto it for the 180 days incase I wanted to reuse it).

However I noticed in my payments that I got a credit of 8c (which is the 2nd category upgrade monthly charge).

So it appears that if one has item upgrades like I do, they continue to be charged when the item count is zero and one hasn't yet ended the item yet.

This upon reflection makes sense, but I'd never thought of it before.

It will compel me to keep my 0 quantity items cleaned up as other wise I'm paying the upgraded item fees each month until I zap them (or the 180 days passes).

So I'm passing this along incase others use both upgrades and the "out of stock" option too.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Something to note regarding out of stock usage and item upgrades.

Since I don't use any upgrades and have more free listings than I can use I don't see this credit thing very much (really almost never).

I recall when GTC became the rule (March 2019) there was a few comments (from eBay people) that if your Out Of Stock item remained OOS for an entire month (listing month not calendar month) any fees generated would be refunded.

In the initial period when 50 free listings was the norm I had one or two credits for OOS listings when I actually had just over 50 listings on that ID.

I let my OOS run for months sometimes (I have about 50/50 repeatables and one-offs) because some of my excess stock is not easy to find (poor organization) but I know that I'll come across them when looking for other things and if they are in my OOS folder I'll be more likely to realize that they are not running and need to have the quantity available updated.

FYI - If you are over your allowance of free listings regular listing fees apply to all OOS listings if they happen to renew while OOS.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply