Unable to Send Messages - Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Hi all,

Has anyone else received the error that says "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later." when trying to send messages to other members on eBay?

For the past three days, whenever I try to message someone (buyers and sellers), I keep getting this pop-up:

Capture d’écran, le 2023-08-07 à 15.28.41.png

I usually send buyers a message when I ship out their orders just saying "Thank you" along with their packing slip (saves on paper) and a photo of the parcel- which I haven't been able to do.

This error keeps occurring regardless of what internet browser or internet connection I use. I've tried closing the tab, signing out of eBay, and restarting my computer but nothing has fixed it. 

I've tried messaging buyers and sellers through the Seller Hub, through listings both active and ended, and directly from their profile.

I haven't sent (or haven't been notified by eBay) of sending messages that have been against eBay policies, nor have my messages been flagged, so I don't think I'm on a ban or restriction list. 

Is there anyone else experiecing this issue or know a solution? Like most eBay members, I'm starting to get really frustrated with these persistent glitches, espeicially with how much money I pay for the eBay store subscription and in selling fees each month. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Unable to Send Messages - Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later.

If you recently updated your username, try signing out of eBay explicitly or deleting your eBay cookies, and then signing back in. In some cases it takes that to get the changes to propagate. Until that happens, odd errors can occur.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply