WATCHERS MISSING FROM ITEM LISTING PAGE

All watchers from the item listing page are missing! If you look at 25 or 50 items per page you can see the listings that have 10 or more watchers but if you click on the listing there is no watchers showing.

Another eBay glitch?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: WATCHERS MISSING FROM ITEM LISTING PAGE

It appears to be a eBay.CA issue as you can see watchers on the listing page on eBay.COM.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, I just called in and the agent told me that eBay changed the way they count "Watchers" so that every 30 days it resets to 0... I expressed how ridiculously idiotic this decision is and she agreed & confirmed with me that a lot of other Seller's are calling in to complain about the same thing. 

Really hoping eBay fixes this soon. It takes time to build good watch counts and it's a really good way of gauging how much interest there is for certain items. 

Jonny - RetroLand Gaming

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@retroland_gaming wrote:

Yeah, I just called in and the agent told me that eBay changed the way they count "Watchers" so that every 30 days it resets to 0... I expressed how ridiculously idiotic this decision is and she agreed & confirmed with me that a lot of other Seller's are calling in to complain about the same thing. 

Really hoping eBay fixes this soon. It takes time to build good watch counts and it's a really good way of gauging how much interest there is for certain items. 

Jonny - RetroLand Gaming

Actually, to be honest, I like the new way better. A 30 day rolling count is a much more accurate and useful way of gauging interest in a product. Someone who decided to watch my product a year or two ago essentially means nothing. If I see little to no views or watchers on a product in 30 days, it's a good indication that the item is either low demand or I need to tweak the listing in order for people to find it.

It would be nicer if eBay would let us choose the lookback period though. Then everyone could tailor it to best suit their needs.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Customer Service is wrong..... Everything is normal on eBay.COM so their giving you the wrong info.... Trying watching one of your items and see if you see "one watched in the last hour". You don't it just has a blank area with no script.

All watchers are showing on eBay.COM.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yeah I'm thinking the agent might have been mis-informed and that it's just a glitch one eBay.ca

The reason it's worse is that for expensive items $1k+, it can take a while to build up those watchers and shows that interest in the item has taken place vs now you have no idea if anyone cares/shown interest in item or not. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm thinking that either @retroland_gaming or the rep they spoke to (or both) misunderstood that the question was about Watchers and not Views.

It appears to me that @silverdreamfilm is talking about Watchers being displayed in search results, that is something that is highly variable because eBay decides what "additional comments/tags" are displayed in search results and listing pages. The only place to see true numbers of watchers is via the Listings section of the Seller Hub.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply