WOAH! Automatic refund for postage via Shippo on an item delivered late?

I was undercharged for a Shippo label today via Paypal so I did some investigating.

There on my bill was a credit from yesterday.

My postage was refunded for an item delivered today.

It had a delivery standard of yesterday, but I did not open a ticket with Canada Post.

Did Shippo do this on my behalf? Anyone else seeing this? Or is it some weird coincidence and a mix-up of account transactions?

I should ask Shippo. Will be back. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Or have I taken two and two and added it up to $14? We shall see. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I strongly now suspect that Shippo has screwed up processing the refund due to me for their $33 new-workflow error, and just picked a random label to refund instead. Grr.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Out of curiosity originally you saw this in Paypal as in an actual refund? Usually it's a credit to your Shippo account. The other thing I've noted with Paypal/Shippo there seems to be no emails acknowledging  these situations. Unless its a feature that needs to be turned on. Believe in the olden days with Paypal when you issued a refund there WAS an email but going from memory and that is failing fast as of late.

-CM

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It’s a credit to Shippo.

And it has ZERO to do with late delivery.

I heard back from Shippo in an hour. Paraphrased:

‘Some days ago we experienced an issue with Canada Post labels not appearing for download after purchase. It appeared that this particular label was affected and no longer available to download so it was automatically refunded to you, but I see that you were able to print out the label before the download became unavailable and the package was successfully delivered!’

So if you were one of the people affected by that glitch, watch for refunds. I don’t know the reason mine was selected. I assume the refund will be reversed. That’s fine. I used this label without issue.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I dearly wish I could change my original headline title to this post to reflect reality!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

And the $33 new-workflow-label error is still pending. I was wrong on both theories.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply