Weather is hot, but Winter is comming on ebay.ca

Are we alright to switch the listings to CAD according to ebay.ca's guidline?

Since change USD to CAD, the sales start to DIVE.

attached ebay invoice FYI.

Canada seller-Ebay Canada=lose-lose

No-win situation, both are sinking.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Wow!  What a difference, not only you are losing money but ebay is losing too. The person who decided to remove the US dollar from .ca is a _________.   You can fill in your own words, mine would be bleeped out. 

I think you should just switch to .com.  I am losing too but nothing like what you are.  My sales have also nose dived since changing the currency.  But I have decided that in Sept, I will move most of my listings to .com.

I thought I would post your invoice listings so it would be easier for other to see:

dollars lost.jpg 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

That is a precipitous drop.

Since you seem to be dropshipping, you may be best to list on dotCOM with no shipping to Canada, and then those shipments can use Calculated Shipping using USPS or a courier for domestic service within the USA only. These listings will be in USdollars

You can also dropship from Canada, but listing the exact same items, as long as your supplier has them, on dotCA with Calculated Shipping using Canada Post for domestic service within Canada only. These listings will be in loonies.

You don't ship overseas so there is no need to worry about that.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

My sales have dropped also since mid-June but it has nothing to do with CAD. That has been my listing of choice since Jan 2013. 

People are avoiding online shopping (and online sellers) in Canada due to the threatened mail strike/lockout.

The lower your sales and feedback, the lower in the Best Match soup you sink.  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply