What Canadian Sellers are up against when it comes to competing with US Sellers

Nov 1 eBay USA Announcement. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/eBay-standard-envelope-supports-more-categories-effectiv...

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1698992630969.png

Tracking for 1.00?!?!

And from Shippo with UPS:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1698992754842.png

-Lotz

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Canadian sellers have been at a disadvantage for shipping costs for decades and that is never going to change...

It is what it is...

C'est la vie!

Que sera, sera!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have to agree with @mrdutch1001  US sellers have always had an advantage for domestic postage.

The .com site also has some other advantages that we don't have here and may never have just because we have a much smaller seller and buyer base. I don't see any advantage to comparing the sites.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I have to agree with @mrdutch1001  US sellers have always had an advantage for domestic postage.

The .com site also has some other advantages that we don't have here and may never have just because we have a much smaller seller and buyer base. I don't see any advantage to comparing the sites.

I guess it's just a different ballgame for sellers that are able to list on dot com and can get paid in US funds and/or sell items that have non complicated shipping choices(1 cost fits almost all). For anyone that sells in a variety of categories...that is not an option.

Personally, I don't think it's wrong to expect eBay to make similar updates to ca as dot com or fix stuff that we report as broken in a timely manner. Do we really need any more downgrades on ca than we already have?

-Lotz

Message 4 of 4
latest reply