What Exactly will be Blocked as Active Content?

of stamp albums with lins that shoe say 100 more images. Is that active content?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I believe your Auctiva scrolling galley would be considered Active Content.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Correction: Auctiva scrolling gallery

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@widgetc wrote:

of stamp albums with lins that shoe say 100 more images. Is that active content?

For current ebay listing(s) you can do a quick check with:

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

If you view your listing on a desktop computer, it should show you what will disappear with a special Preview they've created.

I've not used Active Content even once on any listing yet I get the preview on all of mine. Do you?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have the preview on all of mine as well, even though I also have never used active content.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I have over 1,000 that show as having a "problem", however when I "examine" them it shows nothing needs to be done because there is no active content. 

It looks like it flags anything that has any links at all. At one time I had links to various ebay store categories in my listing, it appears to have flagged all of them but they all (or at least the ones I checked) say there was actually no active content, only links.....

I've never used active content, this is also the reason I stopped using links for anything (to my store categories or for self hosted pictures) because I figured at some point they'll even stop letting us do that......

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

I believe your Auctiva scrolling galley would be considered Active Content.

There new one has no active content any more

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I have over 1,000 that show as having a "problem", however when I "examine" them it shows nothing needs to be done because there is no active content. 

It looks like it flags anything that has any links at all. At one time I had links to various ebay store categories in my listing, it appears to have flagged all of them but they all (or at least the ones I checked) say there was actually no active content, only links.....

I've never used active content, this is also the reason I stopped using links for anything (to my store categories or for self hosted pictures) because I figured at some point they'll even stop letting us do that......

It might be the Turbo Lister link. Some of your listings have a "see my other items" link but the one I looked at has the target="_blank" attribute so it should be ok (the TL link does not have that attribute).

That's not a problem of course, the worst that will happen is that the TL link won't appear. It's possible that in 2018 you would have to actually remove the code but initially it will simply be ignored and eBay should not block the listing.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Somehow when I posted I lost most of the text. I was particularly interested if photo bucket and other picture hosting links will be blocked.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I'm still curious to know if pictures from photobucket are active content.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

That should be an easily-answered question. 

Go to any one of your listings while on a desktop computer and click this. 

What remains? What disappears? 

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 5.53.26 PM.png

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Not so easily answered. The ones that use photobucket are not up right now.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

If it were me, and I wanted the question answered, I'd post one and then Preview it using the tool eBay has provided.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply