What the hottest thing selling

I would like to know what's the hottest thing on eBay

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Just take a look at the general "Feed" on the main landing page on eBay before you sign in.  That will give you a pretty good idea of what is getting the most attention (at least based on eBay's in-house search logarithms).  

Message 2 of 33
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Just take a look at the general "Feed" on the main landing page on eBay before you sign in.  That will give you a pretty good idea of what is getting the most attention (at least based on eBay's in-house search logarithms).  

algorithms! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 33
latest reply

If you have mint postage stamps with original gum from Vancouver Island and British Columbia (pre 1871) they will sell like hot cakes! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 33
latest reply

According to my summary page, it is "other". Can't seem to sell enough of those. Yup! Stock up on "others".

Message 6 of 33
latest reply

I am sure there is a way to define what is the hottest selling item on eBay...

The item that is selling fast and furious....

Your guess is as good as mine or anyone else here.

Sell what you know... Know what you sell...

Learned this from a regular poster here on eBay.ca discussion boards.

Message 7 of 33
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@rose-dee wrote:

algorithms! Smiley Happy

Whoops -- I'm getting tired today, mixing my logarithms with my algorithms, a potent brew!  Woman Wink

Message 8 of 33
latest reply

I do know that coins aren't seeling these days so i'm busy canning and pickling the bumper crop from my garden.

O, yes i have loads of hot peppers to pickle.

I just might start selling them, everyones loves pickled hot peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, Hummmmm i'm getting ungry.

Nop, i'll keep them for myself and i'll push to sell some more coins.

Gee!! i went full circle

Message 9 of 33
latest reply

Each one of us  must have one or two of something that will sell on a regular basis.

I have a two volume set  published by CN Rail..  all about reorganization...more management strategy than railroad.

Several years ago  they started selling at about $25 for each book ($500 per two volume set )....then $50 each  0r $100 per set

and I kept finding them... had close to 10 sets.     And sold for $150  a two volume set..

In the last 18 months I have sold about 10 sets.....  The last two volume set just sold for $175.

Volume I was easy to find... Volume two was more difficult to find...,

List it and it was a relatively easy sale.

Sometimes I do tend to accumulate several books on a topic or several of the same book...

Multiple purchases on a topic sell well....  buyer saves on shipping.....

5 books about Metis history... then 8 books  same Metis  topic.

art books... Group of seven....Art books plus Calgary Alberta.... or artbooks about Canadian artists

most recently four books  on the Northwest Mounted Police... 1870-1900

Or it is several of the same book that sells over a very short period of time....  an unexpected occurrence

Perhaps it is more important to create, or find,  your own hottest inventory.  Something no one else can do with that inventory....

Those CN Rail books  will sell  ... This I know....My very HOT bit of inventory

This two volume set  is hot because no one else lists them as regularly as I do on the internet.....let alone eBay.

There is also this cook book... author said no more books in her ill....   and many want this book... My last find sold for $135

Also found a very unique and relatively rare Catholic bible.....  Must be absolutely perfect condition to sell for about $150.....  this bible breaks up easily  and is very sensitive to overexposure to heat.

and then

Sometimes you can create something hot.

One Saturday morning I found two books.. each like new,  each with slipcase,  and numbered edition limited to 950 and 1000 books  and signed by the author.

Found one of the books on eBay  for $425  with six refused best offers...

Listed each book at $195 ... listed on Thursday,  first sold on Saturday and the second the next Tuesday  a quick sale... and a $350 profit....  bought books for 25 cents each.....

That $425  book is still listed ... I put my money in the bank

Create a situation and others will follow...  Because I have seen others sell at my prices....  selling the same book or similar topic inventory.

Message 10 of 33
latest reply

no more books in her ill

should be

no more books in her will

that is will not ill...  Author's son is a lawyer, and neither he nor the publisher can overturn the author's request for no more books

Did visit the publisher in Winnipeg... and all of this was confirmed.....

There is a total of 18 printings of 20,000 books... and is the type of book that gets passed down from generation to generation....

You know you have a hot bit of inventory when a copy of this book covered with "MacTac" and with pencil notation can sell for $50.... without question...

Message 11 of 33
latest reply

Why would you want to be the 1,134,345th seller in line for cellphone items?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 12 of 33
latest reply

OP Is a buyer that is most likely asking

What can he sell?

Looking for something hot to sell.

Each of us has made the decision what to sell...

we each sell what we know...

Chasing the hot item  does not work.

as with me... Create your own hot item... by finding it ... listing it and getting them to buy it.

There is no magic... No one hot item... just hard work... and more hard work.

Research,  knowledge and doing it ....

Message 13 of 33
latest reply

We are right back to the old:

Sell what you know... Know what you sell.

Message 14 of 33
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:
Each one of us  must have one or two of something that will sell on a regular basis.

I have a two volume set  published by CN Rail..  all about reorganization...more management strategy than railroad.

Several years ago  they started selling at about $25 for each book ($500 per two volume set )....then $50 each  0r $100 per set

and I kept finding them... had close to 10 sets.     And sold for $150  a two volume set..

In the last 18 months I have sold about 10 sets.....  The last two volume set just sold for $175.

Lost me on $500. I assume a typo there and you meant $50 a set.

Message 15 of 33
latest reply

There used to be an eBay page where they listed their best sellers.

I tried to locate it a few days ago but could no longer find it.  It might still be available, but I don't where to look any longer.

When I last looked ALL the top items were electronics.

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

ebay pulse

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

From eBay.com Help pages

Here's what we found for "ebay pulse"

eBay Pulse lets you see a list of popular searches performed by eBay users.

You can use it to understand what people are looking for within eBay or within a specific category. To do so, select a category from the Category drop down menu at the top of the page.

The link "eBay Pulse" now opens the customized front page.
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

eBay pulse is gone since early this year.

Alternative is

http://popular.ebay.com/

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

There is also this:  http://www.watchcount.com/

Message 20 of 33
latest reply