When you do your searches do you use .com or .ca?

When you do your searches do you use .com or .ca and why?  Just interested.  

I mostly search on .com with my US address.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It depends entirely on what I hope to buy. If I need it fast, I search on ebay.ca to find domestic sellers. If I can wait for it and don't mind paying in USD, I search on ebay.com. 

I do both for research purposes as a seller. Ditto for ebay.co.uk and ebay.com.au.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For buying searches I usually use .ca because it's easier to eliminate the GSP and "Canadians are thieves" sellers.

For research prior to listing items for sale I use .com because that's where most of my buyers will be searching (even the ones that are overseas). When I'm researching I'm usually logged in with a US based account.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"For buying searches I usually use .ca because it's easier to eliminate the GSP and "Canadians are thieves" sellers.

For research prior to listing items for sale I use .com because that's where most of my buyers will be searching (even the ones that are overseas). When I'm researching I'm usually logged in with a US based account."

This is exactly what we do.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply