Where do we see # of Watchers now?

Where do we see # of Watchers now in the listing body? Sometimes it shows on the search pages but when I click on that listings, I don't see watchers noted anywhere.  Am I going blind or ? 

PS - This is on  .ca  - 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where do we see # of Watchers now?

Thank you very much for your explanation. When I skim through search results looking at comparable prices, I do look at the listings with several watchers. This helps me set a price for my items.   I agree also that my items sell faster once a few watchers show on the listings..  I've been either too busy trying to keep up with eBay nonsense or too ill with my autoimmune conditions to delve into the bulletins etc from Ebay. I know that I am missing out on a lot of useful information. My store was much bigger, I had over 600 items, then with sales and unable to list much, the number dropped to around 340 items. Then ebay reduced this to Zero  items by deleting over 340 listings!! -- This was back when it was mandated to add the item specifics. Well I couldn't find a way to bulk add these specifics, thus it was very slow going for me as obviously I wanted to list and earn income too. One day I signed into my account and had no items listed. They decided that I'd had enogh time to complete this task ,so they decided to give me some motivation to do this! Well you can imagine my response..... When I phoned in, I was told that they had all been moved to the "Unsold " folder. Phew..Yes they were there. But to relist them I had to add the item specifics of course.  I was able to get 72 relisted before the folder permanently deleted! Silly me I had assumed that eBay would have temporarily halted the auto delete at 3 months. So I'm devestated. Yes I know what assume stands for -lol -- I have the photos taken of all these items but I still have to haul each one out to set up the postage again, and see what if any condition notes need to be posted. - Sorry I just needed to vent somewhere for a minute. Thank you for helping me on this. Melanie

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I don't think it shows in the listing body, but under Seller Hub you can customize the listings table to show them.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@watermelonmemories2005 wrote:

Where do we see # of Watchers now in the listing body? Sometimes it shows on the search pages but when I click on that listings, I don't see watchers noted anywhere.  Am I going blind or ? 

PS - This is on  .ca  - 

Thank you 

@watermelonmemories2005 

@flipistics 

@pjcdn2005 

For the last few months (2,3,4?) the # of watchers (over 5) does not show up on ca. They show up fine for anyone that lists on dot com. Unsure why the 2 sets of rules but it was an observation I made. Comparison attached.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1696209661242.png

Dot ca view :                                                                                                            Dot com view:

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1696209727265.pnglotzofuniquegoodies_2-1696209790706.png

For reference and comparison only:

My listings display from hub:

lotzofuniquegoodies_4-1696210335578.png

Ca seller that lists on dot com:

lotzofuniquegoodies_3-1696210056662.png

-Lotz

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

For the last few months (2,3,4?) the # of watchers (over 5) does not show up on ca. They show up fine for anyone that lists on dot com. Unsure why the 2 sets of rules but it was an observation I made. Comparison attached.

I list on both .ca and .com. Anything Canada related such as Canadian coins are listed on .ca.   Your screenshot shows 4 of my listing with watchers and 3 of those listings were posted on .ca, not .com. so some .ca listings do show watchers on the search page. I don't know how they decide when watchers show but I don't think they would show watchers on .ca listings just because some of my listings are on .com.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I list on both .ca and .com. Anything Canada related such as Canadian coins are listed on .ca.   Your screenshot shows 4 of my listing with watchers and 3 of those listings were posted on .ca, not .com. so some .ca listings do show watchers on the search page. I don't know how they decide when watchers show but I don't think they would show watchers on .ca listings just because some of my listings are on .com.

@pjcdn2005 

No idea either. The brief past announcement was that new rule would be 5 or more. It is just strange that your listings with less than 5 display on the listing (per screenshot) and none of mine show on any listings...2 of mine have 5 watchers. The rest that have less. Ebay talks about a level playing field but sadly that is not the case. I've had experiences in the past when my watchers showed when an item reached 5 and suddenly it sold. Now that mine are not showing this won't be happening.

If you review the banners that dot com listings have there seems to be a greater variety. Only ones you will see on ca are returns, maybe ships from canada and free shipping (Difficult for any sellers selling bulky items). Again, another discrepancy between the 2 sites. 

-Lotz

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much for your explanation. When I skim through search results looking at comparable prices, I do look at the listings with several watchers. This helps me set a price for my items.   I agree also that my items sell faster once a few watchers show on the listings..  I've been either too busy trying to keep up with eBay nonsense or too ill with my autoimmune conditions to delve into the bulletins etc from Ebay. I know that I am missing out on a lot of useful information. My store was much bigger, I had over 600 items, then with sales and unable to list much, the number dropped to around 340 items. Then ebay reduced this to Zero  items by deleting over 340 listings!! -- This was back when it was mandated to add the item specifics. Well I couldn't find a way to bulk add these specifics, thus it was very slow going for me as obviously I wanted to list and earn income too. One day I signed into my account and had no items listed. They decided that I'd had enogh time to complete this task ,so they decided to give me some motivation to do this! Well you can imagine my response..... When I phoned in, I was told that they had all been moved to the "Unsold " folder. Phew..Yes they were there. But to relist them I had to add the item specifics of course.  I was able to get 72 relisted before the folder permanently deleted! Silly me I had assumed that eBay would have temporarily halted the auto delete at 3 months. So I'm devestated. Yes I know what assume stands for -lol -- I have the photos taken of all these items but I still have to haul each one out to set up the postage again, and see what if any condition notes need to be posted. - Sorry I just needed to vent somewhere for a minute. Thank you for helping me on this. Melanie

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I've never correlated increased watchers with more sales but we each have our own experiences.   As a buyer it has never occurred to buy an item just because it had watchers but I know that some others do think that it can work that way.

The majority of my listings are or were multiple quantities so perhaps that has something to do with showing watchers? Just a wild guess.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I've never correlated increased watchers with more sales but we each have our own experiences.   As a buyer it has never occurred to buy an item just because it had watchers but I know that some others do think that it can work that way.

The majority of my listings are or were multiple quantities so perhaps that has something to do with showing watchers? Just a wild guess.

@pjcdn2005 

On some listings I know 1 of the flags I often see is seller has sold ## of this item.  I have a bunch of listings with multiple units but sales are very random so as far I know I have never seen that info display. I only noticed by accident when I closely started comparing listings and features (discrepancies) between the 2 sites. 

Your born in 2023 shows the following.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1696306663842.png

A few of your other listings have a tag about last 1. Guessing the tags are at eBay's discretion? Only would be a concern if there is 1 set for ca and another set for com in regards to level playing field.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 8
latest reply