Why do buyers do this?

Why do buyers leave remarks like this on the order telling me how they are not satisfied with shipping prices and handling time but then buy my item...

Am i protected by eBay incase they leave me a negative feed back too?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Why do buyers do this?

Have faced similar situations, sometimes one gets neutral feedback, sometimes positive accompanied with their dissatisfied comment... BUT, some of those buyers won't get a second chance .... Blocked Buyer list...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Why do buyers do this?

@aeroblitzracing wrote:
Why do buyers leave remarks like this on the order telling me how they are not satisfied with shipping prices and handling time but then buy my item...

Am i protected by eBay incase they leave me a negative feed back too?

Protected? I don't see why they would, buyers are entitled to opinions. Just because they buy something in spite of not liking some part of the transaction doesn't and shouldn't affect their ability to have an opinion.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Why do buyers do this?

I just now looked at the comment, it's in the form of a question, maybe you could just answer it with an explanation (ie: shipping from Canada, personal schedule doesn't allow faster shipping etc.).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Why do buyers do this?

Yes, politely answer the question, but also offer to cancel the transaction if the buyer is not happy with the price.

A cancellation as "buyer request" will not affect your selling account, although the buyer can still leave feedback.

Remember that feedback also is not used by eBay to measure your selling account, although some future customers may see it.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply