You could lose your Top Rated Seller status if you don't meet this requirement

Hi

I sell exclusively on Ebay.com., and just got above message from Ebay. Anyone is able to explain to me, why we need to have 100 international sales to maintain the TRS status? And why Germany and United Kingdom, and many other countries (where I ship most of my international shipments to) are NOT considered to be "international"? To make it even more complicated - Canada counts as an "international" (of course). It doesn't make any sense to me ......

Andrew

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Losing global TRS won't affect your US trs status...assuming that you meet the US trs requirements. Your .com dashboard should tell you if you qualify.   But keep in mind that in the US program, you only get the discount on listings that qualify for the trs plus badge.
In most but not all categories that means free returns and 1 day handing.  

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

A quote taken directly from ebay.com help page. According to this explainer non US residents are not eligible for discounts with TRS+.

"The 10% final value fee discount is only available to sellers resident in the country in which they're Top Rated. For example, if you're selling through ebay.com, you must be resident in the US to qualify for this discount."
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Losing global TRS won't affect your US trs status...assuming that you meet the US trs requirements. Your .com dashboard should tell you if you qualify.   But keep in mind that in the US program, you only get the discount on listings that qualify for the trs plus badge.
In most but not all categories that means free returns and 1 day handing.  

I qualify - all my listings, it's what my dasboard says. I provide full tracking, 1 day handling, free returns, 0 defects (except for international late delivery, but still below the red line). But probably will go below 100 items shipped to weird countries in the next 2 months, or so .... 😄

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

Yes, I saw that somewhere. And it explains everything ..... . Since I sell here (2001) I newer went below 100, but recently iI get that warning almost every month (it appears every time I go below 120). 

Image2.jpg 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I thought GSP was being phased out and replaced with the new International program which is different.

Isn’t that what I said? Or are you agreeing with me? 😄

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@intimewithmusic wrote:

I thought GSP was being phased out and replaced with the new International program which is different.

Isn’t that what I said? Or are you agreeing with me? 😄

Thanks @marnotom! ....Now I have to look it up... 🙂    The Global Shipping Program isn't going anywhere for the time being. 

The eBay International Shipping Program is running in tandom with the GSP. Lot's of info at the link but here is an exerpt...

"What’s the difference between eBay international standard and the Global Shipping Program?
eBay international standard is a Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU) shipping solution—buyers won’t pay duties and tax at checkout on eBay but may have to pay the carrier for duties and tax on delivery. The Global Shipping Program (GSP) is a Delivery Duties Paid (DDP) shipping program—buyers pay duties and tax during checkout on eBay via GSP. eBay international standard gives you full control of what you want to charge buyers for shipping (Free, Flat, Calculated) from end to end. With GSP, the buyer always sees the GSP shipping charges, and also any costs you set for the domestic shipping leg (Free, Flat, Calculated).

You can find more complete info at this eBay page:  https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-labels-services/ebay-international-shipping-service...

For those of you who prefer an audible comparison between the GSP & the new Int Ship Prog direct from the mouths of eBay you can find it on the "eBay For Business" Feb 22, 2022 Podcast #179. Go to this link:

SKIP to 9Min:53Seconds...    Listen on to 15Min:17Seconds.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Ep-179-Shipping-Update-and-Combined-Shipping-Explain...

ITWM

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@intimewithmusic 

Both of those links are  for eBay international standard which has been around for at least a couple of years if not longer.  The new program that will eventually be replacing the gsp is called eBay international shipping. Apparently they couldn't come up with a name that would be totally different than one of the current shipping programs. (Sarcasm emoji)  The new one was just announced in the recent fall update.      https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-fall/shipping

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

I'm just hoping that the new program will use USPS/Canada Post/UPU signatories only.

The main problems with the current Seller Protection programs for international sales seems to be with poorly chosen last mile delivery.

Something that rarely was a complaint when Canada Post was that last-mile choice.

I'm looking at AppleExpress and Intelcom here.

If UPS or FedEx are available for US sellers, there will be a revival of that 5000+ post long thread screaming about import fees from couriers.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
The hype page for the new eBay International Shipping service:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/ebay-international-shipping
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Sounds like eBay is replacing Pitney Bowes with their own version like Paypal. 

The GSP route from the US to Canada is untimely, has a ridiculous carbon footprint. increased shipping costs and often incurs unneccesary duty at the point of purchase.   Who gets that duty anyway? Does Pitney Bowes submit it to the IRS or keep it? The changes do seem to have an lot to do with duty. 

I buy on eBay but when I see it's a GSP item I carefully look at those deterents and often go elsewhere for the item as do many Canadians. 

Message 30 of 30
latest reply