a buyer cancel the bid and there is no reason, why e-bay accept it

Yesterday I received a message about someone has bidded and has cancel the bid and there is no reason, the message said check the reason and the reason said : no reason has been left. Hey? As seller we don't have protection any bidder can retract a bid like a game, for no reason. It is the second time this happened.

A buyer should have good reason and this one has realy no reason it is realy annoying.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

fernsevern
Community Member

Likely the buyer just changed her mind. Yes it is a pain but...in these cases I consider myself lucky. They could have waited for it to arrive and said it was not as described. Better they just cancel the bid right away. You really don't want a buyer that is remorseful before the auction even ends.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

According to eBay policy the buyer should only cancel a bid for limited reasons, e.g., if they entered $15,000 instead of $15.00.  If they cancel bids too often they risk losing their buying privileges.

I'm not sure how they could cancel without giving a reason.  Maybe they just didn't check the box?  I don't know if that would go through or not.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Still and all, better a retracted bid than wasting time chasing a deadbeat.

I notice that while you have International shipping rates available, your US rates are not showing. That could be the problem. The bidder may have bid before looking at the total cost.

If you have North and South America and/or USA ticked off in the International Shipping section (along with UK, Australia, Belarus, etc) the USA will not show.

And more likely the dimensions for your US shipping service do not match up with the dimensions you entered for the parcel. That's the usual reason for this problem.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply