can you fellow seller's check a couple of your items for sale..

all of my listings, know have no extra blurb, that i have written on all of them.. where it states at what point tracking must be used, how much i charge for extra items purchased etc.. all i see now are item specifics, and the photos.. i have checked other sellers and i am seeing the same thing..a huge lack of any information being provided..

So is this what ebay is doing to our listings to appease the people who shop from their phones..

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

so i can't see anything in the description field, using firefox..

when i switch my browser to internet explorer i see everything just fine.. so is this an issue with ebay or the browser most likely. can someone else using firefox confirm the same issues, thanks

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@esclyons wrote:

so i can't see anything in the description field, using firefox..

when i switch my browser to internet explorer i see everything just fine.. so is this an issue with ebay or the browser most likely. can someone else using firefox confirm the same issues, thanks

Using Firefox 38 and seeing your descriptions (checked 2 coins).

Which was not exactly clear if I was a buyer as I would not be sure if combined shipping over $50 is $16 combined or $16 extra for the tracking.

For the 1976 $20 silver coin I'd drop the

IF YOU REQUIRE JUST THE COIN I CAN SHIP IT FOR 3$ IN CANADA AND 4$ FOR THE USA, PLEASE LET ME KNOW BEFORE YOU PAY SO I CAN ADJUST THE SHIPPING, THANKS..

and avoid any item-not-as-described issues, but that's just me.

-..-

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for checking, I am using the newest firefox, and I reinstalled it as well, and I still can't see any item descriptions on anyone's auctions..

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I don't think Ebay and Firefox work very well together. It constantly freezes my PC and I am constantly rebooting.

I am using Chrome now to see if it is any better.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Using Firefox on a desktop iMac, I see your descriptions just fine.

On my iPhone only the Item Specifics show unless I notice the tiny arrow that moves to the whole description.

Which by the way, is very hard to read in ALL CAPS and as a block of text.

There is a reason I make each sentence on these Boards a separate line. Easier to read.

What kind of coin is a 'LONNIE'?

Given that you are selling coins, are you actually comfortable telling your customers that you do not track? And you cannot insist that your buyer pay the premium for tracked shipping if you do not have that as the shipping price or as an optional shipping price.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I am on a PC and can see it fine with Chrome.

I do agree the all caps has to go and use bullet points, not a whole block of unbroken text.

You will have problems with your shipping terms in the text. As far as the US goes, you might be cheaper to go light packet with private insurance rather than tracking.

Come next year, you may not be able to send coins to the US using letter mail (it is not allowed now but not enforced to any extent)

Some people have had mail returned as insufficient postage already. It is costing Canada Post a huge loss in revenue and they are already using x-ray machines and next year will be a lot stricter. Also customs will become an issue.

I don't use Firefox a great deal with Ebay as it continually freezes my machine.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply