eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say eBay is getting worse and worse every time.  First they offer you the feature for Stock Photo, another feature for pre-filled information for the book and DVDs, VHS & Music and then they offered you Listing Designer and then they take all of those features away from you!!

I just realized that we no longer have the feature of Listing Designer on eBay.ca but we still have it on eBay.com.   So what is the reason for removing the Listing Designer?????

Honestly, eBay cannot make up their mind, they only work hard to make our lives pure hell, nice of them, eh???  Sheesh!!!  What next will they offer us and then remove them later????

And what more they are getting worse with the so-called "glitch" that they continue cannot fix them for many, many, many months.  Where is the IT person who were excellent, did he left eBay, I wouldn't surprise as it would be hell to be working for eBay daily with all those problems and their mind changing.  Too bad they have bosses from hell, it cannot be fun to get up in the morning every day looking forward to what next problems!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

Go to eBaydotCOM any site that offers some form of HTML coding for your text.

Set it to show the coding.

Cut and paste the coded information into a text document.

Now you can replace the information in the original document with the information you want in the current document.

Even I can do this.

You do know that :

• Listing Designer is not and never has been free?
  • Listing Designer can only be seen once the customer has found your listing?

I got my own HTML and have been using it for ages as a sort of branding.

I have the three most important parts of the coding (background, primary title, subtitle, and ToS) saved in a desktop text document for daily use.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

As sellers on eBay we.... Go With the Flow.

eBay sets up the basics, and we list and sell

There have been many changes over the past 15 years.....

eBay makes the adjustments

Each seller makes an adjustment.... as each seller chooses.

Each seller must ask the question.... Do I really need it?

Minimize costs... Keep It Simple... Make It Happen!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me, listing designer has been free for me for years and years and years!!  Surprise??   Why should I move to com? 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

Just checked on eBay Canada and on eBay.com.

Listing designer is available on both sites.....  and is associated with a fee on both sites.

Listing designer is a listing upgrade fee.....

Are you sure it was free?

I do remember using it  and then came the fee... and I stopped using it...  but that was a very, very  long time ago

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Excuse me, listing designer has been free for me for years and years and years!!  Surprise??   Why should I move to com? 

If a seller has a Premium or Anchor Store, then eBay Selling Manager Pro is free. Selling Manger Pro includes Listing Designer free.

So most likely honeybed1950 has a Premium or Anchor store and subscribes to Selling Manager Pro which indirectly gives them Listing Designer free.

On eBay.com, Selling Manager Pro is being discontinued in June 2017 to be replaced by the new eBay Seller Hub which uses the New Advanced Listing Tool. The new tool does not support Listing Designer and Listing Designer is not an option in the New Advanced Listing Tool.

On eBay.ca, the new Seller Hub is not yet available and most likely not this year. So I have no idea what is happening to Selling Manager Pro on eBay.ca. However, eBay.ca just introduced the New Advanced Listing Tool.

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2017/04/18/7973/

Here is an eBay FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page on the New Advanced Listing Tool which does mention that some existing options in the old Sell Your Item listing form are not available in the new Advanced Listing Tool.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/advancedtoolfaq.html

http://pages.ebay.ca/sell/advancedtoolfaq.html

Some features are missing. Where are they?We have discontinued a few features including: Visitor counter, Photo watermarks, and Listing designer.

What happened to the Visitor counter?

Usage of Visitor counter has been on the decline and has not been shown to improve selling success. Instead of including this tool, we’ve decided to focus on other features that are likely to make a greater impact on sales.

What happened to Photo watermarks?

Usage of Photo watermarks has been on the decline and has not been shown to improve selling success. Additionally, we’ve changed the image and text theft policy, which eliminates the need to include photo watermarks.

What happened to the Listing designer?

We are not including the Listing designer because usage has been declining and it has not been shown to positively impact selling success. Instead, we are focusing on enhancing other features, which have proven to help items sell. Sellers can modify the appearance of their listing with the new Advanced listing tool.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

... listing designer has been free for me for years and years and years!!

The Listing Designer is only free using certain methods (otherwise it starts at 10 cents/listing).

Using Turbo Lister was one of the ways to get it for free. There were other ways.

Edit: I see pocomocomputing is faster (and more detailed) than me this morning....

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

When Turbolister died for me, I started using Auctiva.

Auctiva has many, and many more templates that can be used to add a unique design to a listing.

There is a cost for Auctiva, but the ease of use and the unique look of listings makes Auctiva  a very good option to prepare and submit listings to eBay.

Auctiva makes Turbolister look like  an ugly old monster...  definitely a dinosaur in today's advanced age of technology

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

When Turbolister died... I went with the flow,  and will never look back..

I made the right decision.... and will not look back..... No need to question why?

But... The answer to Why?  ... I made it happen, and it is very easy to use my new option...

No need to get angry, and frustrated... Not worth the time and effort to do so....

My option was to make it happen, and I will always continue to do so

Some situations....

(1) Bought a new computer system with Windows 7.... Had it totally functional in relation to selling... all within 24 hours...

(2) Then came my transition to Windows 10 ....   That was when the transition to Windows 10 was ... FREE..     I blinked one day  and had Windows 10...  How did that Happen?     made a few adjustments... not perfect but sort of OK....  Then one day everything fell into place...  and would never look back...

(3) things keep getting more and more easy on Windows 10....

(4) My best most recent buy... A computer screen that is 20 inches wide... A Boxing Day buy. 

As sellers on eBay we must be constantly vigilant in meeting the needs of new technology... and on top of that eBay's constant adjustments  to selling online

I look at computer systems... 10 years ago..... 20 years ago... and then all the way back to IBM XT... and then you say IBM????  the screen on the IBM XT was how wide?

Then came the day I bought a new car... a true little monster  that gobbles up the road..... A little Chevy Spark...It was $30 in gas from Winnipeg to Brandon and back.... 6.4 cents a ,kilometer.... A major reduction in cost of traveling to find new inventory to sell.

One cannot stop and get frustrated.... In that moment of frustration  today's world will leave one choking on the dust of dead technology... and dead old reality

Make it happen... Where there is a will... There is a way.....Make it happen...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

eBAY IS A HUGE JOKE!!!

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... listing designer has been free for me for years and years and years!!

The Listing Designer is only free using certain methods (otherwise it starts at 10 cents/listing).

Using Turbo Lister was one of the ways to get it for free. There were other ways.

Edit: I see pocomocomputing is faster (and more detailed) than me this morning....

-..-

I do not think Turbo Lister had free Listing Designer for all sellers. Listing Designer is visible as an option in Turbo Lister but if you tried to use it, a seller would get charged.

Unless you already had Listing Designer for free from subscribing to Selling Manager Pro.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply