eBay.CA promo: Save 50% on final value fees for up to 10 sales.

Check your promo section to see if you got the latest offer.

Save 50% on final value fees for up to 10 sales.

For listings on ebay.ca and cafr.ebay.ca

Requires activation.

If it is like previous offers of this type, it is applies to listings created Friday, December 8 to Tuesday, December 12 and is credited to the first 10 of those listings that sell.

-..-

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

@ypdc_dennis wrote:
If it is like previous offers of this type, it is applies to listings created Friday, December 8 to Tuesday, December 12 and is credited to the first 10 of those listings that sell.

I believe you but do you have a link. I received the offer on one of my id's but can't find a link to the fine print anywhere.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 59
latest reply

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 7.02.57 AM.png

Message 3 of 59
latest reply

I found no print with details of the offer. 

Message 4 of 59
latest reply

Thanks a lot! I got it this time 😉

Message 5 of 59
latest reply

Got this one...but too little, too late...

I have moved most of my listings to other venues so unless eBay gives me something worthwhile, none of it matters to me anymore...

Message 6 of 59
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

I believe you but do you have a link. I received the offer on one of my id's but can't find a link to the fine print anywhere.

No fine print that I could find (or email messages either) -- at least so far.

Just going with the knowledge that eBay likes recycling old promo offer setups (less programming work that way).

But I have no idea if it is restricted to new and sell-similar listings or if relisted listings during the time range also qualify. eBay has done both in the past.

I will be giving priority to putting up listings that are high price (for me) for the next few days. Smiley Wink

-..-

Message 7 of 59
latest reply

Got the promo.  Activated, and listed an item, however the listing came of the standard 50 listings.  If this listing sells, I can assume I'll be paying full fees.  There is no way to choose the promo.  The 10 offered seem to be still available.

Message 8 of 59
latest reply

From anything I have seen in the past of similar such promos, there is no indication of listings used until a listing sells then that transaction shows as being a listing applied to the promo.

Message 9 of 59
latest reply

@pinetreecottage wrote:

Got the promo.  Activated, and listed an item, however the listing came of the standard 50 listings.  If this listing sells, I can assume I'll be paying full fees.  There is no way to choose the promo.  The 10 offered seem to be still available.

The 10 countdown when a qualified item sells. This is not a free listing promo.

Message 10 of 59
latest reply

Finally got an email with promo fine print:

"Invited sellers who activate the offer, list in the auction-style, auction-style with the Buy It Now feature added, or fixed price formats (including Good ‘Til Cancelled listings), with any listing duration, during the Promotion Period, will receive a 50% discount on final value fees (collectively referred to as "Promotion") for the first 10 items sold."

"Discounted final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale including the cost of the item and shipping, excluding sales tax."

"All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion."

Listing fees will apply if you have used up your free listings for the month. Don't forget that 1 and 3 day listings have a $1 special listing fee that also applies (recommend using 5, 7, 10, 30 day or GTC).

Also:

• The following categories are excluded: Automotive, Cars & Trucks, Motorcycles, Other Vehicles & Trailers, Boats, Powersports, Imaging & Aestheltics Equipment, Heavy Equipment, Commercial Printing Presses, Food Trucks, Trailers & Carts, Real Estate.
  • The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period.

-..-

Message 11 of 59
latest reply

Thanks for the details!

I needed to know for sure if it applied to Auction listings as I have a couple of potentially hot items to put up and they need to be Auctions.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 12 of 59
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it but no big deal as I prefer 500 or 1000 free listings.

Many of us have slow sales so getting this offer doesn't make any senses at all.

Message 13 of 59
latest reply

Thanks.  I assumed it was for 10 additional listings.  Cheers.

Message 14 of 59
latest reply

I sold five times this morning after activating this promo and none are coming up in the promo box. 

Message 15 of 59
latest reply

check your account summary, where fees are displayed.. it should show a red "promo" by it if you are receiving the discount..

Message 16 of 59
latest reply

so to clarify, it says for 5 days "only", so does that mean the items you list in the window apply to the first 10 that sell.., or only to items you list that sell in the 5 day window..

for example if i list 30 items today after activating the offer, and they are 30 day auctions, are the first 10 covered in this deal until 30 days expire..

Message 17 of 59
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

I sold five times this morning after activating this promo and none are coming up in the promo box. 

Did you list them today or previously?

Only items LISTED during the window qualify.

Message 18 of 59
latest reply

No, not there either. Five items sold after activating the promo. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 5.34.42 PM.png

Are these supposed to be listed and sold within five days?

Message 19 of 59
latest reply

Items have to be LISTED during the promo, they have to sell at some point which for a Fixed Price listing could be up to 30 days, for an Auction up to 10 days.

Message 20 of 59
latest reply