eBay shipping label - how to use pending funds

I sold something yesterday, and I tried looking at the new eBay shipping label tool. I looked everywhere and cannot see where I can ask them to use the pending funds to pay for the label... anyone know where it is?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: eBay shipping label - how to use pending funds

I looked online to find a solution, and there is a very helpful video on youtube explaining where to set this up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55FE9dPifU

But I do not have this option. The only thing I see is:

Select how to pay

We'll charge you after the shipping label is printed.

You'll charge me how?? tyler@ebay 
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@lady.stark 

I am not totally clear on exactly how shipping is paid for when you use eBay Labels. Orginally they were to be billed with your store fees at the end of the month. Now they are either pulled from pending (1st) or the Bank account (2nd) attached to your account.

When you do purchase them they are listed in Sellers Hub under  the Orders Tab. Last on the list. Shipping Labels. Not sure how or if a breakdown of the postage displays with the label. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The shipping label fee will be removed from either your available or pending funds in approx 2 business days after you purchase the label.   If you have no money in either, ebay will withdraw from your bank a/c .

This is a good reason to only have weekly payouts.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

First is from any pending balance (weekly payout recommended for best results, as the shipping cost can be delayed in showing).

If no pending balance, ebay will use your payout bank account unless you have a credit card set up as the backup method for selling costs.

https://ppcapp.ebay.ca/myppc/wallet/list

-..-

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:

I looked online to find a solution, and there is a very helpful video on youtube explaining where to set this up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55FE9dPifU

But I do not have this option. The only thing I see is:

Select how to pay

We'll charge you after the shipping label is printed.

You'll charge me how?? tyler@ebay 

Hi @lady.stark - I've been trying to get us an answer on this but it's proving more difficult than I thought. 

The resources I have say that it will be invoiced, but with the new billing process where things are taken from your payouts there isn't an invoice any longer, so I'm not sure what happens. 

I will keep you updated as I hear back!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you everyone for your input.

Since my bank account is really new and there is no money in it, I did not want to risk it, so I used PayPal Shipnow with my credit card. When my payout will be deposited (I chose weekly), I will try to print the label of my next order to see how it plays out.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply