eBay users "no longer registered"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed on my block list that I have many 12345678@deleted.  I am not comfortable with that.  I put buyers' id usernames on the block list and eBay suspended them with 12345678@deleted.  Should they come back on eBay and then I have to deal with them again?  I felt that the full id usernames should be left alone, even if they are suspended from eBay.  Or are they suspended forever?

I have called eBay customer service a few months, and they said they will fix it but seem never as usual!  Anyone knew about that? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Might be worth asking about this on the next chat on Wednesday.

I have a bunch of these as well. Possibly Ebay does it as they are not supposed to disclose actions against sellers or buyers and if they left it there, people would assume they are still active.

Just another way to hid things from sellers. For all we know, Ebay just does that to give buyers a fresh start.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Hi @Anonymous & @dutchman48 - the user id format you've mentioned only occurs should an account be deleted for dormancy or the user voluntarily closes their account. An account that has been suspended or otherwise had administrative action taken against it is not altered or changed. Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

when buyers get blocked enough they just make a new user id.  i recently had someone, was previously blocked on 2 id's, make a third one.  so if a buyer wants it bad enough they will get around ebay's lax rules.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I sometimes see some sellers being suspended for a few weeks or a month and then back on eBay with same ID usernames, that is where I am concerned that eBay removed (changed) to 1234567@deleted when they are back on eBay.  Or are they suspended forever.  We need an answer to that.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I sometimes see some sellers being suspended for a few weeks or a month and then back on eBay with same ID usernames, that is where I am concerned that eBay removed (changed) to 1234567@deleted when they are back on eBay.  Or are they suspended forever.  We need an answer to that.  Thanks.

As Tyler said,  those users are not suspended or in any trouble with ebay. If that was the case their names would not be changed like that.

The users you are seeing have either closed their account or it has been unused for a long long time.

If I were you I would just delete those id's, that's what I do.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are paranoid block their email addresses. In practice it isn't worth worrying about as any determined bad actor knows they can just create unlimited guest checkout accounts.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Tool hauls.org is a third party eBay site for checking eBay feedback. They have a tool to check all the IDs in a Blocked Bider List for NARU (No longer a Registered User). You copy the list from your eBay ID BBL list into the tool and it will run for a long time and produce a clean list the you copy and paste back.

If you have a lot of IDs in your BBL list it may time out and only process the start of the list. So I break up the list into smaller pieces and store in Windows notepad then copy it back into the eBay list and update

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that eBay changed from the full lD username to 1234567@deleted on my block list is what I am talking about.   Should those blocked persons come back on eBay with same ID username, then I am in trouble with them due to eBay's insane way!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

If I were you I would just delete those id's, that's what I do.

That is what I do too. Although it does also concern me a little that eBay changed their IDs. honeybed1950 has a good point. If I blocked that user, that was for a reason. If they do come back, my block won't work anymore. Unless it changes back automatically too?

With that said, I try not to worry too much about this. I have better things to do, like listing and shipping the stuff I sold. 😉

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

So this is a question of someone who was already Blocked by you, who subsequently deleted his account or allowed it to go dormant.

And then eBay changed the account name.

I don't quite understand if your Blocked Bidder was JoeSmith and was changed to 1234678@deleted or if he was 1234678 and the @deleted was added by eBay.

For the dormant accounts your Blocked bidder probably just gave up on eBay. The chances of ever having to deal with him again are pretty low.

For the self-deleted accounts, a determined scammer may try again. Does each new account still need its own credit card number to prove identity?

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:
... your Blocked Bidder was JoeSmith and was changed to 1234678@deleted

Does each new account still need its own credit card number to prove identity?

This is it.

As for your question about the new accounts, I don't know.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply