ebay.ca 500 error when you "Print Shipping Label"

Hello,

I have been having this bug all week... trying to Print Shipping Label leads to a 500 error from the server. I have tried it from multiple parts of the UI. I looked at the Developer console but not sure where the 500 is coming from.

I thought it may be the latest Firefox browser update which did update this week (or even AdBlocker, but I still get the error when it is disabled). As you can see from the attached image, I am using the latest Firefox browser on Windows 10.

The workaround is to open Shippo and Print my Label from there, but it is a bit ridiculous that the website appears to be falling apart more now as I use it (for example, I have also posted a message about Combined Shipping which is still broken months later).

tyler@ebay  Can you please have someone look into this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like the issue has been resolved, as the links now redirect to Shippo again for me.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

been having this  problem as well

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Me too. Have to manually login to ship to print.

Very frustrating that such an essential piece of functionality can be allowed to be broken for so long. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Same here.  Most of eBay looks like it's held together by hope and crating tape.

I guess 10% of our sales isn't enough to hire competent developers, network architects or support staff.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I have been experiencing this issue for the past week or so as well. Oddly enough, the same error code is produced when clicking the "Paid - Ship Now" notification. That has been going on for a lot longer than a week.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @wecango88 - happy to get it reported, thanks for the screenshots. 

Will you let me know what other browsers you've tried this in so I can convince the tech team it's not a browser-specific issue?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

It's happening in Chrome also for approximately a week. The workaround is to go directly to go shippo to process orders.  There have been a few other mentions on the dot ca and dot com boards.

-Lotz

https://www.ebay.ca/n/error?statuscode=500

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I am using Chrome as well.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I’m using safari on a Mac
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It looks like the issue has been resolved, as the links now redirect to Shippo again for me.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Good to know! I sadly don't have anything to ship at the moment but hopefully when I do it works again!

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

For what it's worth I can also confirm it's working again.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply