ebay guess what you can do with your new prefill catalogue system...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week I joined in the discussion regarding ebay's silly plan to have the catalogue prefill our listings against our wishes. I mentioned how many times I had to redo a listing for an iPad and today my customer received it. It arrived on time but she was expecting an iPad mini, not because that is what I tried to sell her, no. That is what the (insert swearword of choice here) system changed it to. Hopefully she will not ask to return it, but if she does, she will be well within her right to do so.

I am so angry. eBay can't trust us to put our own information in the listing, they have to gum up the works by assuming the worst about us and taking over our listings this way? Not cool dudes, not by a long shot.

I think it's time to head back over to Amazon. This is just crap, costly crap.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The title states that it is a mini 2 but I don’t see any catalogue info in the description area. Are you saying that eBay just  prefilled the title?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but just to clarify: I had managed to fix the rest of the misinformation that was prefilled, but it took three tries and I guess I could have missed the title...but I don't think so. I changed that title several times, because it said Silver. Look, I have no problem ever admitting my own mistakes but I don't need some irritating automated system, that most of the sellers don't seem too crazy about, making me look like an idiot.
Anyway, happy ending with that sale. The seller was very nice and even though I told her it was her choice if she wanted to keep it or return it, she opted to keep it so that one ended well...this time.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Just a quick question.

When you looked it up, did you use the UPC?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@amcdc79 wrote:

Just a quick question.

When you looked it up, did you use the UPC?

This basically. The descriptions are going to tie back to the UPC and MPN (part number) so it is possible if you modify a description and leave those fields unchanged that the description field contents revert to their original catalog form as the point of the catalog is to have prefilled description and product identifiers. Titles should be safe to edit, but not the core content if it is coming from catalog data.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply