feedback

so I've sold 4 items last month finely out of the video game selling limits I've now sold 2 with tracking this month and 4 without which I don't think would of arrived yet but with the 6 items that I've sold I have not received feedback but I know they arrived and the buyer hasn't sent a message saying they haven't...The reason i'm wondering is because the very first 7 items i received instant feedback from the buyers when the item arrived.. and now it's been 20-25 days in some cases..

Why is no one leaving feedback should I remind people to do so I just don't know... thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

feedback

Feedback is optional, some buyers will never leave feedback.

Overall fewer buyer give feedback now than they did years ago.

For most sellers, get 50 - 60% of buyers giving feedback is "normal".

Don't ask your buyers for feedback, you might not like what you get!

Just keep selling, the feedback will come.

Feedback is overrated!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

feedback

Feedback is voluntary....  and not an absolute requirement.... for seller or buyer...

Do not contact a buyer about feedback  you may get something you do not want.

Seller kept asking for feedback from a buyer..

Buyer left a negative  and stated... now you have it....

with today's eBay the importance is not to get defects...

Feedback is 100 % positive... Nothing else ... for buyers... no neutrals  and no negatives...

and above all... No negative comments within a positive feedback 

The most important thing any seller can do... and most important for new sellers.... is to provide the best of service for all customers... and the rest will happen without any negative consequences.....

but if there are problems... deal with the problem as if you are the buyer

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

feedback

Feedback is optional, some buyers will never leave feedback.

Overall fewer buyer give feedback now than they did years ago.

For most sellers, get 50 - 60% of buyers giving feedback is "normal".

Don't ask your buyers for feedback, you might not like what you get!

Just keep selling, the feedback will come.

Feedback is overrated!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

feedback

Feedback is voluntary....  and not an absolute requirement.... for seller or buyer...

Do not contact a buyer about feedback  you may get something you do not want.

Seller kept asking for feedback from a buyer..

Buyer left a negative  and stated... now you have it....

with today's eBay the importance is not to get defects...

Feedback is 100 % positive... Nothing else ... for buyers... no neutrals  and no negatives...

and above all... No negative comments within a positive feedback 

The most important thing any seller can do... and most important for new sellers.... is to provide the best of service for all customers... and the rest will happen without any negative consequences.....

but if there are problems... deal with the problem as if you are the buyer

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

feedback

My rate of FB received has dropped, in the last couple years, from around 60% down to 20%.

Never go fishing for FB, it is poor etiquette.

FB is over-rated and is being marginalized by eBay. FB has almost nothing to do with seller performance, it is a vanity thing.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

feedback

73rhc
Community Member

I tend to agree with all of the above posts. But what intrigues me is, if buying from a Chinese seller, they send constant emails asking and reminding to leave positive feedback. I've had this from several of them. They will reimburse before they would receive negative FB. Why the interest in FB in China?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

feedback

@mr.elmwood wrote:

FB is over-rated and is being marginalized by eBay. FB has almost nothing to do with seller performance, it is a vanity thing.

We all know that is true, but -- honestly -- won't it feel good when you get that "5000" (just 5 FB from now)?  

That's something I can never hope to achieve with my volume, and it is a cause for admiration and celebration.  Or maybe it feels more like a badge of honour for all the battle scars. Woman Very Happy  I'll be ecstatic if I survive to see 1000. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

feedback

Rose, there was a time, a few years back, I swore I would never reach 5000. Now? I want that little green star. It will be my last one. I could not even live long enough to get to 10,000. I will leave that to the whipper-snappers, like Pierre.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

feedback

My Feed backs have dropped as well. Ever since I started giving mediate feedback upon purchase. When I used to hold off , I received a much larger amount because the buyer had not yet received one from me they would request one.

I look at the bright side. Im fine with fewer feedbacks as some of those could be negatives. Be carefull what you wish for.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

feedback

hey guys thanks a lot for all you're posts you always help me get the answer I'm looking for!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

feedback

In my opinion, the best way to get feedback is to leave feedback.

Since sellers can't leave anything but positive FB or none, I put it to use by giving the date of shipping and that the item went by Canada Post. If I remember, and have one, I add the tracking number.

And if I'm on top of things, I leave feedback as soon as the item is packaged for shipping.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply