promo listing% changing all the time on listings

have a question for all at large -- i have been over the last couple of weeks redoing some of my listings each day -- changing this-- changing that-- combining this and that--- lowering prices-- raising prices  lowering prices raising shipping rates ---etc etc fixing mistakes i made 2 years ago  on some of my old listings-- good exercise to maintain -- finding what needs to change  

what i have noticed is i have promo listings at what ever the suggested % is shown -  i use - going back to most of these listings the promo i set  a week  or month or year ago is either too high or too low what the promo suggest % saids - it has even changed from one day to another on the same listing 

does anyone have an answer for this - am sure its simple i just can't figure out why? it would change from one day to another   we are talking about 1200 -1400 listings where this is happening 

some 1% up some 2% down etc etc - its  not a big deal so far but i would want to stay on top of it -- by the way i only individual listing setting for promo listing no bulk lisiting thing--- as every item promo suggestion is diiferent %

well back to listing and fixing 

doker bohm

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ignore ebay's recommended promo percentage.

Some sellers find using the bare minimum percentage is just as effective for a promo.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

My guess is that the suggested % varies because it is an average of what sellers are using. So it will fluctuate every time another seller add his own percentage.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply