"Above Standard", member since 2007, why are payments suddenly being held?

Does anyone have any idea why Ebay would suddenly decide to hold my payments? I am not a new seller - sold some items 2 weeks ago and received funds instantly, but an auction that sold today has its money being held. It doesn't even tell me how long it's going to be held for anywhere.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you happen to list on dot.com or vice versa with dot.ca. I typically sell on dot ca and I guess after building up my rating I am able to access my funds sooner. Listed and sold a item on dot com and my funds are being held, guess I haven't built up a sufficient rating yet. Would have thought it does not matter if the log in/account is the same?. Same seller, just a different site.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I would guess that they are holding your funds because  it looks like it has been over a year since  you were a seller here so they would consider you a 'newish' seller. I don't know why they didn't hold funds for your last sale though....perhaps they thought it was just a one time thing??

When you're new to selling, buyer payments aren't made available to you until we confirm that the sale has been successfully completed. Although the payment won't show up immediately in your PayPal account, you can always find the current payment status in your eBay account.

If you're a new seller, the payment will be available to you 3 days after tracking shows the package was delivered. if you haven't added tracking details, your payments will be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date
  • 21 days after your buyer pays

If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, it may take longer to receive your payment.

As long as you've maintained an above standard rating, buyer payments will become available to you immediately when:

• It's been 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You've had 25 or more sales with global buyers
  • You've had more than $250 in total sales

https://ocsnext.ebay.ca/ocs/sr?query=1746

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ah, that does make sense. Even though I've been a seller for a long time, I did also take a long break. It was just frustrating that they released over $200 instantly and now they're holding less than $50.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

are you sure the seller didn't pay with an e-check, that can be held for 5-7 days...

Message 5 of 5
latest reply