"Sold" items query is not properly returning "sold" items since about July 13th

At least for the stuff I am selling.

Same list shows for .CA and .COM

Normally the only thing that is showing is when a multi item sells, and it is usually about a day behind.

I've noticed because:

-I'm addicted to watching what items sell and I've traditionally used my "sold" items to see that

-I use (search) my "sold" list to get the items I relist (refill).

-I use (search) the general "sold" lists to shop prices for new stuff I'm listing if I want to see the general pricing

I realize that I can do most of this other ways, but I'm medium old and I don't like to have to learn new ways unless I have to....

I'd assumed it was a bug, but it appears to be a long lasting one affecting both sites if it is tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ricarmic wrote:

PS @recped I checked your "sold" listings (clicking on active listings and then clicking the "sold" button) and it was blank with nothing sold. Don't know if that is true or not, but if not, then it is affecting "everyone" when the search by seller for "solds" is used.....

You won't see much on this id because it's only a repository for non-sellers, 99% of what I actually sell is listed under other id's.

Another reason you won't see many ended listings is because I'm using the Out Of Stock option and given the number of free listings  over the past few months most of the things I have that are only a single item just sit as out of stock until I go over them and actually end the ones I will never find any more inventory, since there is no urgency to end them some have sat in the OOS status for a couple of months (especially on this ID that I barely look at).

Most of what I'm listing (and actually selling) on other id's are multi-quantity but listed as singles with additional quantities added as they sell, those never show up in a completed/sold search.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

For myself, i click on "orders, show all orders" then i just browse down to see, what i have sold,in the order that they have sold,, then i check that i may have similar items to sell, then i go from there..

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic 

I'm confused by your post.

Are you looking for your own sales? Other peoples sales?

Are you looking in the Seller Hub? My eBay? Site Search?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@ricarmic 

I'm confused by your post.

Are you looking for your own sales? Other peoples sales?

Are you looking in the Seller Hub? My eBay? Site Search?

Hi @recped !! Good questions!

I am looking at my own items (I'm assuming many sold items of others do not show but I would have no way of knowing that).

I'm using the advanced search "by seller", and the "sold" button ticked (you gave me a good idea, mine are all bookmarked, so I created a new one from scratch and it also has most sold items MIA from the list so it isn't because they are bookmarked).

Everything in seller hub/my ebay is normal and ok.

The only thing I can't replicate another way is if the site search is missing sold items generally, eventually the pool of sold items one views won't be complete. That is the part I will miss the most.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

PS @recped I checked your "sold" listings (clicking on active listings and then clicking the "sold" button) and it was blank with nothing sold. Don't know if that is true or not, but if not, then it is affecting "everyone" when the search by seller for "solds" is used.....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

You won't see much on this id because it's only a repository for non-sellers, 99% of what I actually sell is listed under other id's.

Another reason you won't see many ended listings is because I'm using the Out Of Stock option and given the number of free listings  over the past few months most of the things I have that are only a single item just sit as out of stock until I go over them and actually end the ones I will never find any more inventory, since there is no urgency to end them some have sat in the OOS status for a couple of months (especially on this ID that I barely look at).

Most of what I'm listing (and actually selling) on other id's are multi-quantity but listed as singles with additional quantities added as they sell, those never show up in a completed/sold search.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Hi @recped wow, in a roundabout way, you SOLVED the problem!

I just recently turned on "OutofStock" (on July 13th).

I did not realize that it also "kept" items that started with a count of 1, I thought it only kept items with starting counts of more than one when they counted down to zero.

This is the reason that my "sold" items are now not showing in the search, because of the way the items are retained by OOS.

I see that I can find them by sorting my items in terms of quantity.

I also see that this is good long term news because I have MANY items that I've been constantly refilling for years. Now I can retain the views etc which over time will boost their visibility!!!

Another great example of it really doesn't matter how long you've been here, one can still learn useful stuff on these boards on a regular basis!!!

Note tyler@ebay this is solved now....

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Glad you were able to get it sorted @ricarmic@recped remains, as ever, a solid  source of information and guidance. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just a further follow-up, for those who like to know what happens next, I relisted an item that had closed that wasn't a multi item before, and in those cases the wording of my description etc leads the buyer to understand that the pictures they see are of the exact stamps they will receive.

The way the revise the count back up to 1 again works, is it makes it look like it previously was a multi item (it now shows for example that it is half sold an only one remains). This I think will mislead the previous buyer and more importantly future buyers because the wording says the pictures are of the exact item, however they can see that others have been sold (and they can't see the pictures of the other one that was sold) which certainly would make one wonder what they'll actually get.

So sadly I'm back to only reusing this for relisting items that were multi items before, although I may experiment with alterations to the item wording in the future for stuff that I regularly relist. (it is too bad one can't set it to automagically do that, because now I've got to manually end all the ones that were single item listings myself).

Message 9 of 9
latest reply