"You are close to carrier limits" with eBay shipping Tracked Packet USA

I have just started using eBay for labels after using Snap Ship since 2018.

The box I just sent was 27 cm x 23 cm x 22 cm (always rounded up).

Weight was 1.010 kg.

Everything looks fine, the cost shows $25.02 for Tracked Packet to California.

But when I went to purchase the label I get a message:

"You are close to carrier limits"

Length 27 cm

Dimensions 117 cm (length 27 cm + girth 90 cm)

The dimensions only add up to 72 cm what am I missing?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it's still letting you purchase the label then I would just ignore it.

I assume eBay Labels is using the wrong calculation; girth is taken into consideration for certain services to the States such as Expedited and Xpresspost, but not Tracked/Small packet.

devon@ebay can you forward this to the eBay Labels Canada shipping team - girth is irrelevant when calculating Tracked Packet dimensions.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I assume eBay Labels is using the wrong calculation; girth is taken into consideration for certain services to the States such as Expedited and Xpresspost, but not Tracked/Small packet.

devon@ebay can you forward this to the eBay Labels Canada shipping team - girth is irrelevant when calculating Tracked Packet dimensions.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

devon@ebay 

To add on to @dinomitesales post,  the formula for the maximum size of a Tracked or Small Packet USA and International is L + W + H = 90cm

As already mentioned, girth is not considered in that formula.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you!

pj, too

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

Hi @dinomitesales! Thank you for alerting me on this and I will be sure to have this sent over to the Shipping team. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@dinomitesales wrote:

devon@ebay 

@dinomitesales 

@hallscrystal 

This is an example of what is the displaying for a recent Small Packet Air shipment where girth DOES NOT apply. Shipment measured 35 cm long x 25 cm wide x 7 cm high. Unfortunately when the label prints it only shows weight. Not measurements.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1686708777348.png

For their records. 

Thanks,

-Lotzofuniquegoodies.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply