shippo telephone contact

Has anyone found a telephone contact number for Shippo "?

their contact options are less than stellar - you send an email and maybe after a few hours you get a response - if you are lucky:(

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

shippo telephone contact

As I indicated on the other thread you started, no. I've been using Shippo since Day One and never experienced any problems with their tech support. They reply within less than an hour, usually, which is much less time than I've ever waited on hold to speak to someone withe other ebay or Paypal Shipping Customer Service. 

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/SHIPPO-PROBLEM-AND-OVERALL-INCOMPETENCE/m-p/393870/highl...

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

If anyone has a number for support I'd sure be interested. Their email support seems to be missing in action these days... submitted a support ticket yesterday, been more than 24 hrs now....no reply beyond the confirmation that they received the email. No phone contract available that I can find!
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Hi all,

Shippo's Contact Support page says that they do provide limited phone support, and that if you include your preference for phone support along with a phone number in your email to them, they will try to work with you.

That said, the page I linked above is technically a US-based article (according to the URL), so your mileage may vary, but it's worth a try.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

It has been 24 hours and not even an email back from Shippo regarding a concern.

The people that say they are not having any issues with Shippo have to accept the fact that other people are having issues. You can't say Shippo is fine and dandy. They just are not. 

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

46 hours

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Took 2 days.

How this is acceptable to some of you is beyond me.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Problems don't arrive alone.

If you are comfortable with doing so, could you outline the problem and how it was solved (if it was)?

This may be useful to some poor frustrated soul in future.

I have so far managed to ship two parcels with Shippo and half a dozen with SnapShip.  The low numbers are because I usually use stamps, purchased at a discount from an alter ego.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Problems do arrive alone. I have the problem with their service. They don't seem to care.

Not sure if you guys are having the extra charge for underpaid shipping.

So I tested them and over estimated the weight on the last two shipments. I wanted to see if I would get an overcharge or not. As I was suspicious of wrong doing. Sure enough both shipments I was given an over charge. I am very careful with dimensions and weight.  I call it a big FAIL on Shippo. 

Regards

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

"Sure enough both shipments I was given an over charge."

To be clear, this is the first time anyone has said that has happened here with Shippo while there have been a half-dozen threads about this being a chronic problem with Paypal Shipping.

Are you using imperial or metric units of measurement?

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

I check both. I know both weight systems. I will check both and it will come up with the same cost. 1 kg = 2.2. lbs etc.  I have no explanation as to why this would happen. Especially when I test them and over weight the bill. I am doing that just to prove a point to myself. Shippo is doing this. 

Keep in mind allot of sellers never read these forums. The problem is real and I am careful to make sure all the info is correct. With the exception of the last two shipments where I overweighted the bill to make a point. As when it started happening I was shocked. I am at a loss. 

This is also a FYI post. 

Regards

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

I get what you're saying but I'm wondering if the issue is technical. Which system do you input into ebay and/or the Shippo-label creating fields: metric or imperial? It could be a glitch with their conversion causing the overcharges. 

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

I use Metric.

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Metric on both ebay and Shippo, okay. As do I. And if you're double-checking the weight, are you also measuring the very widest point(s) of your boxes? With mine, there can be a two-cm difference between the widest point along any given side when it's taped closed. The boxes are not precise despite being brand-new and sold directly by the box-maker. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Is there any commonality between the shipments that caused the over-charges? You say metric but were the listings themselves created on ebay.ca or ebay.com?

Message 15 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

.ca

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Sorry. Totally different products.

The one kicker is Is taillight bulbs. Your little bulbs at the back of your car that either does a signal bulb or a brake light bulb. Sold as a pair. I marked it as 500- 1 kg. So 2.2 lbs.  These bulbs don't weigh anywhere close to 2 lbs. Yet I got overcharged. Wonder if we overpay if we would get money back lol. 

The fact that this took 2 days to even answer is why we need phone service. Also the reply email just gave me more questions after I gave them DETAILED info. Now I am waiting again since I have answered them. So how many days are we suppose to wait for this great service?

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

I see maybe a little bit of what may have led to your situation. Could it be that you'd be better to specify an exact weight for your items even if the weight is a bit off? I always alter the shipment details on my own labels before printing on Shippo. I seem to think that when used to use the weight brackets offered on the ebay.ca listing form, I had some unexpected results in terms of postage calculations. 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if that is it. Even Canada Post website has a bracket built in somehow and I can change the weights slightly and still have the same cost. I can see if I was under weighing shipments but I am over weighing and then get a charge.

As of this post they still have not got back to me from my reply email.

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

shippo telephone contact

I'm not certain but think that when Canada Post says that shipping was underpaid, it isn't based on what you actually paid it is paid on the dimensions and weights on the label.  If that's the case it is unlikely caused by  Shippo because they print the label based on information that you enter.  Canada Post may be the one that you should be asking.

Are  the labels you were billed for expedited or xpresspost parcels? Those are both based on the volume of the parcel so in some cases, the price is based on whichever is greater...volume or weight. So putting a higher weight on a label may not help.

Do you know what dimensions you entered when you were printing the label? Which service was used and where was the package going?

Message 20 of 28
latest reply