Returs

Why eBay accept returns on sellers behalf? Should not the buyer request a return from seller first and if not accepted then open return request with eBay?
Why eBay is telling me that if I don’t a accept a return they will refund the buyer and ask him/her to keep the item?
If a buyer changes his/her mind about the purchase shouldn’t they be paying for return shipping?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Returs

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @johnnmuno_4 - there are certain situations in which we'll accept a return on your behalf. 

Based on what you've stated, I think that you're being impacted by a technical issue that's sending the incorrect email message to you when a return is opened. 

If you offer returns on your listing, however, you should accept the return and allow the buyer to arrange return shipping (if it was a remorse reason). Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Returs

Your listings say that you accept return so that means that you accept them for any reason.  You can’t deny the return although you can try to help the buyer in another way instead such as replacing product..partial refund etc.

For the last year or so ebay automatically accepts returns when you offer an accept returns policy.   If the buyer chooses a buyers remorse reason as the reason for the return (changed min, wrong size etc) then yes, they should pay for return shipping as your return policy states that buyers pay. BUT if they choose a not as described reason such as damaged, got wrong item etc. then the seller is required to pay for return shipping.

Even if you have a no return policy you still have to accept not as described returns.

I’m not sure what ‘wrong’ message tyler@ebay is referring to though.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply