Unable to use Q3 Shipping Supplies Coupon.

First off I can't locate my discount code anywhere within myEbay or SellerHub or anywhere else within my account. Luckily I still have the email sent to me on July 3 with the code.

Now I go to use the code, and the ebay shipping stores shows 0 items for sale in their store.

Odd, but when I search for a specific item I am able to find it in their store...

And then when i specifically find the item I wish to use the coupon on:

eBay-Branded Padded Airjacket With Blue Print 6.5" x 8.75"

It says the item does not ship to Canada. Same result on .CA and .COM

Called the ebay support number and was transferred 4 times to 4 different departments, of which seriously NOBODY EVEN KNEW what I was talking about that we as store sellers get a quarterly coupon to use for shipping supplies. The 4th transfer was to paypal? automated help line which was pointless and useless. 35 minutes wasted.

Totally frustrated, I just want to use my $70 coupon on some envelopes before the end of the quarter.. anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Try this link please. Should give you access to 21 items that are available to Canadian sellers.

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/ebayshippingsupplies

-CM

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@stawamus-chief wrote:
...  eBay-Branded Padded Airjacket With Blue Print 6.5" x 8.75"

It says the item does not ship to Canada. Same result on .CA and .COM

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/eBay-Branded-Padded-Airjacket-With-Blue-Print-6-5-x-8-75/253121399057

shows 8000+ available for Canada.

Perhaps you looked when the listings were being renewed.

-..-

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

"Called the ebay support number and was transferred 4 times to 4 different departments, of which seriously NOBODY EVEN KNEW what I was talking about that we as store sellers get a quarterly coupon to use for shipping supplies. The 4th transfer was to paypal? automated help line which was pointless and useless. 35 minutes wasted."

I feel your pain. It is a **bleep**shoot when a user calls whether he or she will get a knowledgeable Customer Service Rep or someone who sounds like they're fielding calls for 18 different corporate non-similar entities from within a tin shack in the middle of a mudslide. 

I have a feeling one of the words in my answer is going to be bleeped by the auto-censor. It's a dice game, referring to when a dice player throws the dice. Not a curse word.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Also, I have ebay-branded packing tape up to my armpits but I accidentally ran out of the big ebay stickers, does anyone know when we can expect our next coupon? I'm too lazy to think right now. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Personal 2 cents on this idea about using either eBay branded boxes or an eBay sticker attached to the box. With the number of packages currently being ordered online, having this display on your package, in my opinion, increases the chance of your item possibly disappearing somewhere along the way. Anyone seeing a package in an eBay box/River box on a doorstep and we do know this happens all the time for any items that do make it to home delivery, its an advertisement for someone walking by to help themselves. In the past, I would consider any advertising as good advertising. Now....Not so much!! Any of the eBay packaging supplies I order get used inside the box and never as the main packaging. As for tape I pick up at the dollar store as required. Again, only my personal thoughts.  🙂

-CM

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I don’t stick my stickers on the boxes. I use them to hold closed my bubble wrap.

Regarding the branded packing tape, I ship 90 percent of orders with tracking and, of those, 100 percent of Tracked items get ebay tape on the boxes.

Amazon isn’t shy about bold boxes.

On untracked domestic lettermail, I forgo obvious signs of valuable goods inside.
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

As far as porch theft goes, anything in a box from an online retailer is going to be valuable to the person who bought it or to whom theft seems like a viable option. If I was a crook, I would not care whether it said Old Navy or Walmart or Best Buy or eBay or whatever. If I was a crook, I’d steal the whole lot and sort it out later.

As far as I’m concerned, the biggest-risk out there is Small Packets Airmail since an export with its Customs declaration says what’s inside right on the box and, handily, precisely what it’s worth.

If I were thinking like a crook.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

OTOH - porch pirates will scoop anything handy -- and read labels later.

The labels may be read by postal/courier employees, but as I keep insisting, outside of mental illness, why risk losing a union job with excellent benefits and a decent pension for a tee shirt or some Legos or even a gold coin?

When these stories make the news, it's usually a case of 'man bites dog', newsworthy because unusual.

I'm waiting for a headline "Trump makes speech without lying."

An American poster told me the USPS equivalent to "DO NOT SAFE DROP" -- I think it is "HOLD FOR PICKUP'".  This might be useful for  lower value packages that do not merit paying $1.50 for Signature on Delivery.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I do agree with you about the relatively potential for postal theft. From memory, most of the time 'Postie Steals! (Gasp)' headlines hit the news, it seems to be more closely related to mental health  or workload issues than actual greed.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ok seriously, when I click that link I see Items for sale (21) with a preview of 5 items.

I click the "see all items" link and it shows 0 results

but at least the preview items now show Ship to Canada on them,I am not dreaming, I am not making this up, they clearly stated they did not ship to Canada from this same link, same seller just a couple days ago. grrrrrr ebay.

I was only able to find and purchase what I wanted by scrolling down the page for

eBay-Branded Padded Airjacket With Blue Print 9.5" x 13.25"

to find search similar items and locate what I actually wanted:

which JUST THE OTHER DAY was available in quantity 100, 200 or 400 but now those options are gone and I am blindly buying however many they ship me for $47.84 (thats how much Quantity 1 costs, what constitutes Quantity 1? Hopefully more than 1 bubble envelope!)

Item price C $47.84

Quantity 1

Item number 253121399057

but hey at least I was able to use the coupon before the end of the quarter.

Who knows what surprises we will come across in Q4 🙂

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@stawamus-chief wrote:

... I am blindly buying however many they ship me for $47.84 (thats how much Quantity 1 costs, what constitutes Quantity 1? Hopefully more than 1 bubble envelope!)

Item price C $47.84

Quantity 1

Item number 253121399057

From the description:

Packed 100 per case (approximately 3 lbs)

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply