As we announced in our 2017 Fall Seller Update, as well as in an earlier reminder, Canadian sellers are beginning to see the new Markdown Manager experience on eBay.ca.

We’re working on some additional material to help you out, but in the meantime, please see below for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we’ve collected from the seller community. We’ll also add them to our Seller FAQ page for future reference.

Where can I find my new dashboard?

Your dashboard in the new experience can be found at the URL below—you may wish to bookmark it for future reference. We’re working on making it easier to get to.

https://www.ebay.ca/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

Where can I create new campaigns using the new markdown tool?

You can access the tool by going to My eBay > Selling Manager > Marketing tools > Marketing Manager.

I can’t see some of my promotions since I migrated to the new experience. Where did they go?

Your old promotions are still active, but because they were created with the old tool, they won’t be displayed in the new dashboard. Where possible, we recommend ending promotions created with the previous tool and starting them again in the new tool so that you can see all of your promotions at a glance.

When working on my promotions, I was redirected to the eBay.com Markdown Manager experience. What happened?

If you registered your account on eBay.ca but have an eBay Store registered on eBay.com, it’s possible that you may be redirected to the eBay.com experience as you use the tool. This is an expected result, but you can bookmark the Canadian dashboard if you prefer that experience.

I used to be able to choose “All fixed price listings” to place all my items on markdown. How do I do this now?

You can still do this in the new experience. Follow these steps to place all of your items on markdown:

1. In Create a sale event, select Create rules.
  2. From the category drop-down menu, select All inventory.
  3. Add price or condition filters if desired, then select Save and review.

How can I change the way my items are sorted?

When selecting inventory, click or tap on any column header to sort by that column. Clicking again will reverse the sort. Here are some of the ways you can sort your inventory:

• To sort by newest or oldest items, sort by Days on Site.
  • Sorting by End Date will show you the items ending soonest.
  • If you’ve created a multi-bucket sale, sort by Discount to move selected items to the bottom or top of the page.

How can I be sure my items are on sale if I no longer receive an email?

1. On your dashboard, find the sale you want to verify and choose from the Report actiondrop-down menu, or select Active.
  2. In the Status column, you can see the status of each item, along with a date and time stamp.
  3. For information on each status code, select the info icon to the left of the Items foundcolumn heading.

How do I remove items from a sale or end a sale early?

If your sale status is Draft, Scheduled, or Ended, you can select Delete from the Action drop-down menu to remove it.

If your sale has been active for more than 24 hours, select End from the Action drop-down. Otherwise, follow these steps:

1. Find the sale that you’re interested in and select Edit from the Action
  2. On the Review page, under Discount type and items, select Edit.
  3. Using the checkboxes on the left, remove individual as desired, or select Remove all (end sale).
  4. Select Save and review.

How can I exclude items that are included in a sale?

You can exclude items that have already been discounted by using a selection filter. Here’s how:

1. In Create a sale event, choose Select items.
  2. Check the Exclude discounted items box, located beside the search field.

How can I exclude items I’ve already selected?

Rather than creating multiple sales to add different discounts to different items, you can now create a “multi-bucket” sale. Here’s how:

1. From the Create a promotion drop-down menu, select Sale event + markdown.
  2. Choose a discount percentage, the select Add another discount level.
  3. Add up to 10 buckets to choose inventory for, then choose Select items.
  4. Choose your preferred method for selecting inventory. For this steps, we’ll use Select items.
  5. Choose the items you want to include in your first discount, then select Confirm selection.
  6. To add inventory to another bucket, choose Save and select for next discount. Repeat from Step 2 for each bucket, then select Save and review.
  7. From the Review page, you can edit existing buckets or add new ones. Once you select Launch, any buckets empty of inventory will be automatically removed.

To learn more about the new tool, view our help page.