A Paypal Victory for the Good Guys

Hello all. Just passing on details about our very first Paypal Transaction Reversal in which funds were removed from our Paypal account.

Item sold to a newly registered user on Jan 18/06 with a BIN purchase

Item paid for, through Paypal, mere minutes later (total, with shipping was $137.98)

Item shipped from Toronto Canada to Boulder Colorado on Jan 20

Received notification from Paypal on Jan 24 as follows "We were recently notified that one of your buyers used an account that
has been associated with possible unauthorized use. The following PayPal transaction has been reversed, and the funds have been debited from your account"

Found toll free Paypal number, talked to a knowledgeable rep after a wait of only 2-3 mins.

Supplied rep with all requested info

Rep suggests I can either contact Post Office to stop the parcel and mark as RTS (which would leave us, as sellers, with the item back but having to eat the $38 shipping fee or,

Rep suggests alternative that we let the shipment continue on and, as long as we could proved on line tracking proof of delivery, we would have fulfilled all criteria under the Sellers Protection Program

We decide to let the parcel continue its journey

Feb 2 Receive Canada Post Confirmation of delivery

Feb 2, We supply Paypal with delivery confirmation

Feb 3, We receive this e-mail from Paypal "We have reviewed the transaction in question, along with the
information you have provided, and have determined that the transaction does qualify for the PayPal Seller Protection Policy. We have canceled the temporary
hold placed on these funds and they are once again available in your PayPal account balance.

Yes, it appears to us that if the stars are all properly aligned, and as long as you adhere to their rules and regulations, dot your I's and cross your T's, your backside is covered. Chalk one up for the good guys.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

wsboyd
Community Member
What's the Toll Free #, please ?
;-)

I have 1-800-221-1161 & it does not work from the Niagara Region (Canada)
:-(
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Congrats Snoopwiz !
Too many of these buyers taking advantage of hard working sellers on Ebay.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply