Addition of Tracked Packet and Changes to Rate Subsidies for Canada Post Ex

***Addition of Tracked Packet and Changes to Rate Subsidies for Canada Post Expedited Parcel***
07 March, 2013 | 12:00

Effective April 9th, 2013, two new services will become available on PayPal’s label printing platform. Tracked Packet – USA and Tracked Packet - International will be available at a special discounted rate for eBay sellers.

Canada Post Tracked Packet - USA                 Canada Post Tracked Packet - International

Effective
April 9th, 2013

Up to 14% discount off retail counter rates         Up to 14% discount off retail counter rates

Additionally, effective April 9th, 2013, eBay will be reducing the discount levels on Expedited Parcel and Expedited Parcel - USA, as shown in the table below:

Canada Post Expedited Parcel                         Canada Post Expedited Parcel - USA

Until April 8th, 2013

Up to 25% discount off retail counter rates         Up to 25% discount off retail counter rates

Effective April 9th, 2013

Up to 18% discount off retail counter rates         Up to 18% discount off retail counter rates

Take Action

- If you print labels for Expedited Parcel and Expedited Parcel USA, you may wish to consider revising your listings to reflect the new rates described above, including any Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that might be impacted. As a reminder, if you offer shipping using Small Packet USA – Air, Small Packet International – Air, Small Packet International – Surface or Regular Parcel, you may wish to consider revising your listings, including any Good ‘Til Cancelled listings, to reflect the removal of insurance previously included with these services.

- Also as a reminder, eBay calculated shipping service rates are not impacted by this change. When you use calculated shipping services on your listings, buyers see shipping costs based on the applicable Canada Post retail rates, and not based on the discounted online label-printing rates.

Link to this announcement

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Another way for eBay to give from one hand and take it back from the other 😞 😞

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

This just sucks .. only the second change sense I have been on that just sucks the first was the fvf on shipping

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I agree with you. Tracked Packet is not even available for shipments inside Canada! And they cut off the Expedited-Canada discount too?! Just unfair X-(

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Tracked packet will be gone next year anyways ... The only reason they did that was in hopes of pushing the use of tracked packet to the US but i use light packet 98% of the time now yet again some of my Canadian buyers will have to pay more because I always give the disacount to the customer .. Don't advertise that I do but I do ...

I think Tracked packet would work if they gave 25% discount on it but if not I feel this is going to be just like the ebay bucks program byebye ...

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Tracked Packet USA may not work too well for items weighing less than 500 grams

Because of the cost.

However, when it comes to the 0.5 to 1.0 kg range... Tracked Packet USA is a fixed price for all states.  It has the same tracking as Expedite US...  and with a maximum of $100 insured value... Tracked packet in this higher weight range does work.

Buyers will pay the higher price....  It will take time to adjust.... but if that is what is available... then buyers will accept the price.... discount or no discount.

At its maximum size of 30 cm x 30 cm x 30 cm,  Tracked Packet  at less than 1.0 kg weight has an advantage  because at this maximum, multiplying 30 x 30 x 30  and dividing by 6000  we get a volume to weight value of 4.5 kg.

With Expedited Parcel  USA the shipping cost would be based on this 4.5 kg volume to weight conversion....  not with Tracked packet...  that is for parcels having an actual weight of  less than 1.0 kg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply