SUDDEN LIMITING OF SELLER ACCOUNT after more than 8 years of selling...

Has anyone else been sent an email limiting seller account? I have been selling since 2004, have 100% feedback and excellent DSRs - but today My account was capped. I was on the phone to Ebay no less than 3 times - wasted about 2 hours - still no logical reason given.

Any hints from other sellers? thanks

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same thing with another account a few years ago and I called them over and over.  They kept saying it is a policy for the sellers and the purpose is to make the eBay community safer as if.  All of sudden they need to become "suspicous" with us after all those years?? As if!!

They need to focus on the unpaid item bidders and scammers and clamp down on them harder not us who has excellent DSRs, etc.!!  Sheesh!!

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Confirm that the email is really from eBay.... Check your eBay messages...

Make sure it is not a phishing email... looking for your private eBay data.

I have received an email that tells me I am suspended... looked phoney and was confirmed as bogus.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

Cumos,

I don't think you read the original post.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

There is a lot to read on eBay about restrictions placed on sellers and why...

Here is a start.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Maybe it's a computer "glitch?"

I had one a while ago and so I know they occur.

My account wasn't restricted, but my billing currency was switched all of a sudden.

I was a TRS at the time and my discount disappeared along with the switch.

It took hours on the phone .............. unbelievably frustrating ............... and in my case I don't think it was ever fixed.

One way to cut down the time on the phone a little bit is to ask for a supervisor right off the bat.

(Also, I think there's an hour here once/wk. where someone from eBay can help with this kind of thing in a more direct manner.)

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Hi Thanks for that - but IT CAME FROM EBAY - and they seem to be on some kind of campaign...The only thing I can figure is they really do not Value the little sellers.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

All sellers have limits. Like it or not, it is a way of policing the marketplace. I had, what I consider, low selling limits. Caused me a lot of work listing, delisting, managing my listings. I managed just fine. Since I "proved" myself to them, I have had my dollar and volume numbers increased to levels beyond what I can get to.

It is a game. You want high limits, sell a lot more. You wanna be a small time seller, deal with low limits. eBay wants a commitment from you to either "go big or go home".

No, eBay has no use for small-time sellers. Really haven't for a few years now.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Did you check your Seller Dashboard for low DSRs over the past 12 months?

You may have good DSR average overall but 2-3-4 low DSRs 1or 2's within 12 months may drop you from favor.

My eBay -> Account -> Seller Dashboard

Look at Summary -> Performance top middle. On the next page, look at View Trending data on the right on the line with Daily Performance.

You may be getting positive feedback with low DSRs.

Also check for policy violations if you have any in the Seller Dashboard.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Hi, I did a search of my Dashboard and found nothing amiss. I have come to the conclusion tha t Ebay does not like small sellers and are trying to push us out. I often do not list unless I get the free invite, because most of what i am selling is under $20, so paying for the listing is not worthwhile. It looks like they want to push us out or make us sign up for a Store...

I am searching for other selling sites, Ebay is really not friendly to sellers.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

orphanitems, I disagree that ebay is trying to eliminate small sellers. Why all the free promos that seem to be targeted to new accounts.

Send an email to kalvin at ebay.com as he will sometimes look into issues. he is part of the weekly board sessions here. He might be able to tell you why.

As for other venues, other sites do not seem to have the large buyer audience eBay has. Since you get 50 free listings on eBay.ca and ebay.com a month, it cost little to sell here for the large amount of buyers that you reach.

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

There is no other site otherwise you would already be there. A couple of things you need to let go of. One, 100% FB means this side of nothing. Selling since '04? Based on your apparent average price, I have done more dollars in the last 60 days than you have in nine years.

Still, the limit of 35 widgets is a tad mystifing. Different categories have different limits. Is it possible you hit a category limit?

If you are expecting answer from the front line Peggy, forget that. I got my limits increased last Sept, not by chatting with Peggy. I had someone with an office. For me, there was a techincal issue with "My eBay" page that Peggy could not solve and had to punt me up the line.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Ignore then 35 remark, i was cross-threading.

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Hello- Thank you for your comments. I am looking at Etsy, and I already sell on ABE - so there are other places, granted they are not Auction sites, but they are viable for the things I sell. I buy on those sites also and have never had a bad experience at either. I HOPE Ebay picks up the ball and makes the corrections they need to, but I am not holding my breath. When Ebay took away the rights of Sellers to leave honest feedback for buyers, then started taking a percentage of the shipping I knew the balance was tipping. As a seller - the shipping is slamming - Canada Post has gone insane with taking away insurance on Small Packet - then introducing Tracked Packet - NOT ONE OF MY BUYERS has chosen to use it - I offer it, but it is NOT WORKING.THE DSR's star system is ok is some ways, but the rating on SHIPPING TIME - I am being rated on how long CANADA POST TAKES - and CUSTOMS - That is NOT FAIR.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Hi again, trying to figure out where you are coming from - Because your id is blocked (wonder why) I cannot see what you are selling - I congratulate you on selling so well. My market is different than yours - but good for you. With your success you must be very happy. I wonder why you have nothing listed if you are doing so well - and have only a 54 feedback?

The invited going to new Ebayers seems great, but I would think it would be more important to reward the dedicated long time good sellers than offer free bees to UNKOWN - but oh well...

Message 15 of 30
latest reply

" but the rating on SHIPPING TIME - I am being rated on how long CANADA POST TAKES - and CUSTOMS - That is NOT FAIR."

Actually, if you look at the big picture, your buyers generally leave you good DSRs.  Your ratings for the last 12 months are 5.0, 5.0, 4.9 and 4.9 confirming that the vast majority of buyers correctly rate "Shipping Time" DSR as the time it takes for the seller to ship, not the time the carrier takes to deliver.

So the problem is limited to a few buyers (very few) who - for whatever reasons - decided to leave you low DSRs.

Did you run reports from your Seller Dashboard to analyze where the problems are?

"When Ebay took away the rights of Sellers to leave honest feedback for buyers"

I approved of that decision.  It was the right thing to do.

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Thanks for your note, it was helpful. Seems some people come here to be UN Helpful - just to crow about how great they are doing - but having a private id they are hiding behind - so they are just TROLLING...Your note did give me hope. THANK YOU.

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Hi - Thank you for your help. You are one of the sellers that has logic ! I think it would be better if Ebay educated the buyers on what the stars are - or spelled it out better - IE - when rating SHIPPING TIME - Look at the postmark - Did the seller POST the item when they said they would?

I dread what Customs is going to be like to the USA with the Government cutting The US Customs staff -

I personally know someome that was new to Ebay - was mad at what it cost him to have parts mailed to him - so he protested by giving the seller all negative! I had quite a heated conversation with him - (he is my friend and we were having coffee), HE HAD NO IDEA what he had really done!

He was just an uninformed angry person....

I do appreciate YOUR efforts here - and always read YOUR comments first -

Thanks again,

Jennifer

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

HI, Thank you for your effort in a useful reply. I am always glad to have the opinion of a seller who isn't hiding behind anything! Your comments have more weight than those that troll and have PRIVATE and blocks. I am not new to Ebay, and have worked hard to be a consistent seller, not making a lot, but making my customers happy - many of them are return customers. I would think that when a seller has return customers - somehow that should have more credit than votes from those that NEVER come back. I did spend about 3 hours on the phone with Ebay (got cut off twice) - at which time the person on the other end doubled my listing amounts (not the dollar value) it is better than it was, but I still cannot list or relist all the things that I already have the listings written for. I probably would not have been so bent out of shape if they had forwarned me, I would not have wasted DAYS writing, photoing, weighing, measuring and packing! NOW I can only rotate these listings to keep them until i am alowed to list at the volume I was happily listing at.

I am now seriously looking at Etsy (for my patterns) and have signed up with Abebooks for my books. I felt I had no choice. Ebay is not willing or able to meet my needs as a seller.

THANK YOU AGAIN- your words are very intelligent and kind.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

THANK YOU- Another intelligent reply that is giving me hope! I agree with your comments 100%

As my father used to say "Illegitimi non carborundum" ...

Message 20 of 30
latest reply