Anyone track a package and it appears to be going the wrong way? who do i contact and how?

I purchased  and item from New York.  I live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.  When initially tracking I saw it in Buffalo New York. When last tracked; it was in Kentucky.  I am not all too familiar with the US but it appears to be going farther away from my location.  How do I contact Global Shipping to make sure it arrives to its proper destination?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Anyone track a package and it appears to be going the wrong way? who do i contact and how?

@ravenmoonsong2010 wrote:

I purchased  and item from New York.  I live in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario.  When initially tracking I saw it in Buffalo New York. When last tracked; it was in Kentucky.  I am not all too familiar with the US but it appears to be going farther away from my location.  How do I contact Global Shipping to make sure it arrives to its proper destination?

The Global Shipping Program is managed by Pitney-Bowes.

All US GSP packages are first sent to Kentucky, then processed, then sent out in bulk shipments to the destination countries, where a local shipper takes over and delivers to the buyer.

The initial tracking number is only good to Kentucky. Then you are "supposed to" get a new one for the rest of the journey.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program uses a hub and spoke distribution system -- as do USPS and Canada Post and most famously FedEx. Remember those first scenes in Castaway when Tom Hanks picked up the parcels in FE's one and only central distribution centre?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoke%E2%80%93hub_distribution_paradigm

Your greatest concern at the moment should be that GPS has generally used Canada Post to deliver goods and Canada Post is currently threatening to lock out its workers and shut down.

However, you can track your parcel-- another poster put this guide together.

TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery

Message 3 of 3
latest reply