Anything scary in selling wrist watches?

Good frigid day to you all,

I write this after going to the door to answer an inquiry from a very pithed off brass monkey- "I'm sorry", I said, "I don't think I've seen those".
But I digress.
Once again I need the group's collective and singular wisdom.
We've been asked to peddle some wrist watches. As near as I can figure out, they are each worth more than our truck.
What do I need to know about this? We've done a fair bit of high ticket stuff before but nothing like this.
Your thoughts, concerns, etc please.
Is this a "be careful what you wished for"?

Thanks
Brad
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

1) The possibility of trademark infringement comes immediately to mind. Are you sure that they really are what they claim to be?
2) With all those watches around you'll never really know the accurate time of day anymore.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

as for trademarks, you may not be able to list some brands. Check first with the vero site.

Angelo
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
The only thing I can say is "Time will tell!"

Malcolm
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

sunset_sports_cards
Community Member
I am a big watch guy. I have a huge collection. I love watches, and from what I can see. I do extensive research before I purchase. If it is a Rolex, it better have the papers with it and the original box. A guy showed me a Rolex he purchased from a trenchcoat seller. The watch said Rolex on the front, had the same brilliant look to it and everything. Turned it over it was a knockoff. So I would be careful in that regard. My 2 seconds!
Message 5 of 5
latest reply