Are postage (stamp) prices included in the Canada Postal Prices brochure fees?

question 1:

Is the stamp fee inclucded in the prices in the Canada Postal Prices brochure? For exmaple, if I am mailing a small packet parcel (Air) for $7.80 (under 500g) to the US, is the total $7.80, or do I have to add the postage on top of  $7.80?

Question 2:

How do you determine how many postage stamps are required for varying parcel packets, lettermail, etc?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If the price to the US is $7.80 then that is all you pay.

Anything to the US or elsewher out of the country that is less than $5.00 you also

pay taxes on the postage.

No taxes if over $5.00.

(((How do you determine how many postage stamps are required for varying parcel packets, lettermail,))

The number of stamps is determined by the amount of postage and the face value of the stamps.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I spoke to a Canada Post customer service rep and she repeatedly said that the prices in the brochure do not include postage fees....I'm assuming there was miscommunication in that case.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

i have a postal prices brochure ,dated 2013,it lists envelopes up to 500 g.it doesnt include the gst
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

We mail catalogues for our stamp auction using postage stamps. The $5 or so mailing cost is made up with as many stamps as possible, because our customers love it.

That clerk is a dope. He should be reported to the manager with a strong suggestion of retraining. And for your own purposes, you may find you save money by using Paypal's shipping labels and dropping your parcels in the nearest mailbox instead of trying to communicate with a badly trained clerk.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

by nudibranch4569 on ‎09-04-2013 12:11 PM

"i have a postal prices brochure ,dated 2013,it lists envelopes up to 500 g.it doesnt include the gst"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ok, so ow do I know how much GST there is on a single stamp to mail let's say a regular birthday card - $1.34 or $1.34 + GST? How do you calculate that?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply