Best Match What's Up With It!!! "momoftwingles2" Could you please read

faerywishes
Community Member
momoftwingles2 if you happen to read this would you mind doing me a favor?

Since they changed the Best Match Criteria my auctions have ended up of the last couple of pages for a search I do. The search is "K & Company">auctions>best match.

When I checked a couple of times this week I am on the 1st page now. Thinking there was a problem and it would straighten out in time. I was happy with the little bonus.

Well I just posted more of my items and now I'm on pages 1,2,& 3 for best match. If I earned this it would be fine. But my stats haven't earned it.

Would you mind doing a search and see what you get? I was thinking maybe it's doing location and that is why mine are on those pages. I would really appreciate it.

I'm asking you because I know you frequent these pages and you sell scrapbooking items in Canada.

If you don't want to it's no problem, I know we are all busy. If any one else wouldn't mind I'd really like the feed back.

I know knowing the best match stats aren't something to get hung up on. I just have the type of brain that has to at least kind of understand how it works. And that's the part that is driving me crazy.

Thank You
Colleen
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Colleen,

Sure thing. Give me a few minutes and I'll gladly look for you and let you know what I find. I'll check on both .ca and .com.....maybe there is a difference.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Colleen,

Searching on eBay.ca under K & Company - Auctions - Best Match I am seeing you on Page 1 and the top of Page 2. And, I'm seeing all Canadians put before Americans.

Now...searching on eBay.com under the same topic I am seeing you on page 1, 2 and on page 10 out of 11 pages. I'm sure that I missed some because there were more than 500 listings!

Either place...you're up there! WAY TO GO! KEEP IT UP!

I wanted to mention....double check your refund info as what you have in many of the body of your listing is quite different from what you have below the listing.

If you need anything else...let me know!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
Susn
Thanks so much for checking for me. I have no idea why my listings for best match are coming up on the 1st few pages. I really was thinking it was the location. My stats are worse than those listed behind me. However, the few weeks before I was on the last pages of the search and my stats were better than some in front of me. So I guess I can dedeuce the comp program they use for listing the best match doesn't work. LOL, no wonder I can't figure out how they figure it out.

Thanks for the heads up about the return info. I forgot I have it in turbo lister as well.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. There are a few of you who really do help us and it is very much appreciated.

Have a Wonderful Night
Colleen:-D
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There is a good thread on the US Powerseller board that offers some insights on how to get a good ranking in Best Match.

As stated often before DSR's are only a minor contributor to Best Match results. You can be "elevated" but if you are starting out near the bottom due to other criteria it won't help you much.

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jspa?threadID=1000724900

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Colleen,

You are more than welcome. And, for sure...look at the thread that recped has mentioned. It's an excellent one.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 6
latest reply