CANADA POST IS NOW CHARGING FOR EBAY MAILERS

Canadapost you continue to find new ways to suck.

Tried to order my free 50 ebay mailers for the month today only to discover they are no longer free. It's now $5 per 25.

We'll give them somewhere between $30K and $40K of businss this year and they can't even give a few free mailers per month.

One day there will be another option and they can kiss our money goodbye on that day.
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I did say goodbye to Canada Post. There are other options out there

Frederic
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Who do you use Frederic?
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

We use the services of Spring Canada. If you shipping in volume they very good price and very fast (faster then Canada Post).

Frederic
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
i knew one day that would happen, that's why i ordered TONS so they could last me while they were still free. jerks.
Kat
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

binplace
Community Member
Miriam
Hate to load up your plate - but here is another simple item for you to jump on. Did EBAY know this was coming if so what did then do to try and stop it and/or if they didn't know now they do and how are you going to negotiate this back for us!!!!!!! You guys have the power - not us little guys.

Thanks
binplace
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

I can expect Miriam to respond with - we tried our best but our small office here in Toronto does not have the influence nor appropriate resources nor budget allocated to work on this issue at this time.

Plus CanadaPOST is just like eBaY - a large corporation that just does not get it when it comes to small business and what they need to stay competitive in a global marketplace - heck let alone North America.

You can thank the Dinosaur's heading CandaPOST's management team that simply do not care about improving services let alone being more competitve - funny thing, just like eBaY but way less profitable.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Its actually very profitable for Canada Post employees. They make amazing salaries !

Frederic
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

They completely don't get it. The USPS bends over backwards for ebayers...I worked out of the US for 6 months back in 2005 and between the free stuff and top notch service it was a really nice to be appreciated. I figured back then that eventually Canada Post would follow along. But instead they are moving backwards.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
If you have tons of them, sell them on eBay. LOL I still have a few hundred of the old ones that say Power Seller on them. hehehehe

Canada Post doesn't care because they don't have to. They're a monopoly and a crown coporation. They don't have to care. Canadians have to bend over, although, with this much bending over pretty soon we're going to be tied in knots. I hate Canada Post and nothing can short of the US closing the border to me will make me go back to them after using the USPS for a few years.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!

When you find doing what's right hard to do - you've got a problem.
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Dont know what the problem is i just ordered 100 no problems they were all free .
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

ameroindustries
Community Member
Mby you need to be on contract er something im tier 2 contract i give them 130+k a year .
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Yeah I just ordered another 100, with no problem. They did say that they will be starting to charge for them soon, though.

AXE.
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I just tried to order some and there was a charge. I can't say I am at all surprised, but I found a really good supplier for packaging materials at unbeatable prices. Not sure if I'm allowed to link them so will just tell you their name (Chiswick - recently bought out by Staples) and let your fingers do the walking.

HTH!

Cat
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

" I can't say I am at all surprised, but I found a really good supplier for packaging materials at unbeatable prices."

I should add that Canada Post is still the cheaper place to purchase those specific size polymailers but if you're looking for other types of mailers and mailing products (poly bubble mailers, Tyvek Envelopes, mailing labels etc.) I have found Chiswick to to be WAY cheaper that the office supply mail-order companies.
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Can one order these for Quebec, I never heard of them lol

Thanks
T.J.
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I too have used this company recently and found them to be priced very well and quick shipping. It looks to me that they ship all over Canada because when you place your order , in the drop down menu there are all provinces. Contact them just in case though 🙂

Janice
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

gbayemporium
Community Member
recordvillage1 is now finally a NARU account.
Thanks to all who reported them.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

rockyeb220 : I'm in Quebec so you sure can. It's my understanding that they ship all over Canada. You do have to factor the shipping charges into the price because most of the competing mail/phone order office supply companies ship for free on orders over a certain amount and they don't. I looked into this on the items I bought and still saved a lot of money regardless of the shipping cost. They ship quick too. My last order was placed just before 5pm and by the next morning were at my doorstep.

The only problem I had with my last order was that the polymailers I bought weighed 4 grams more than the ones I was paying 3 times more for and those 4 grams count for me on items I try to get under 100 grams, so I'm going to be placing another order for the Tyvek envelopes. They are a bit more expensive than the polymailers but the lightest envelope you can buy. I try to keep the shipping costs down as much as I can and tend to use a lot of different packaging supplies when the weight of them can make a difference in postage.

I'm glad if this can help some of you keep your shipping costs down and if anyone has leads on other effecient low cost suppliers, send them along!
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

bare_bright
Community Member
Hey Thanks for the info, I will take a look into it.

T.J.
Message 20 of 22
latest reply