CP Inside Workers on Strike...

Just in time for Christmas... now isn't that a coincidece :_|

But collection and delivery carries on... Good thing they have a large warehouse here :^O
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Here is BC, they said this morning there would be no disruptions...then after lunch it was announced that 80% of the mail did not get out for delivery this morning.
And to top if off, our local PO knew nothing about the strike, or any delays! They tried calling their REP and got voicemail!
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

then after lunch it was announced that 80% of the mail did not get out for delivery this morning.

Announced by who? I'm not seeing any press reports of anything except some minor delays with trucks crossing pickets lines in a few locations.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It was reported on the radio here in Vancouver, yesterday.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

that's about as reliable a source as "I read it in an online forum".

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It appears to be random and/or rotating because my stuff showed arriving at the sorting facility this morning... I'm afraid to look again in case it's still sitting there 😞

The uncool bit is that I knew it was coming in all probability as the issue of seniority and job protection are high on the union's list given all the staff reductions over the past 18 months, it's just there was no warning... well 20 minutes warning officially....
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Xpresspost envelope from Winnipeg, MB to Burnaby, BC in about 24 hours.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Tenative agreement reached this week
Message 8 of 8
latest reply