Can't pay a seller. It's been 48 hours.

ucumari
Community Member

Hello! I'm wondering if this ever happened to anyone else...

I have recently won an item, but I am unable to check-out as it states the seller has not indicated shipping cost to my area.

Trouble is... he did. It says he ships Worldwide and the cost to my country is indicated in his description. I have sent two requests for a total since (just in case the first didn't go through) and an eBay message. Still, no news.

The seller seems to have a "three day" policy so this is starting to worry me. Soon it will be 3 days. Could he still be able to open a nonpaying case or something against me? I'm guessing I should be able to appeal it (eBay must be able to see that I attempted to communicate with him)?

A little frustrating since shipping cost is RIGHT there. There's just no way for me to enter it myself. This isn't the first time I run into this, but usually the seller responds well within 24 hours.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re:Can't pay a seller. It's been 48 hours.

Contact seller, and ask for an invoice complete with shipping charges.

Then pay invoice.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ucumari
Community Member

... you mean like I said I did? 😐

If it was that simple, I wouldn't be asking.

Again, sent multiple invoices and messages. No reply.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

You MIGHT just be hitting a time problem due to the weekend (and a long weekend to boot) - depending on the seller.

All you can do is send the request, maybe even copy and paste the actual PayPal message - to show there really IS something wrong. Something the seller has done isn`t working and they need to help you - and themselves. Presumably they WANT to be paid.

I also ran into a similar issue where the seller said they covered Worldwide, but I couldn`t check out.  But, fortunately, they did respond.

If the seller chooses to send you an Unpaid notice, your email trail will be your proof in the Dispute.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ucumari
Community Member

Yes, I am hoping this is about the weekend (it's not a long weekend in their country, though). It has now been three days and I haven't heard from this seller at all. I would be more patient if it wasn't for this "payment must be received within three days" message. I have sent them another email and another invoice request.

The other bad thing is that I can't buy another item until this is resolved. I don't want to have to pay twice for the same thing. If this goes on for over a week, is there something a buyer can do?

Never thought I'd see a seller that doesn't wanna get paid, haha!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply