Canada Post still INCREASING Fuel surcharge

gloriaguides
Community Member
Was at the PO this evening and my friend there told me the new fuel charge was up to 7.75%, up from 7.5. With gas prices dropping 30% in the last 6 weeks, you'd think that they would have decreased the surcharge too. Guess they want to cash in on the Christmas package season. They're as bad as the Oil companies that made those huge profits over the last few months. Gloria
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Canada Post still INCREASING Fuel surcharge

Somewere on one of these boards the specific details of how the fuel surcharge is calculated was posted.

Roughly they are based on the average price of unleaded gasoline in the previous(?) month. There is some sort of time lag (ie: surcharge in November based on September gas prices?).

The lower gas prices have really only been in the last two/three weeks, expect the fuel surcharge to drop in December and again in January.

They're as bad as the Oil companies that made those huge profits over the last few months.

More accurately, CP has been suffering from the "bad" Oil companies just like the rest of us. They (CP) at least have a strict schedule of implementing the surcharge based on real events that have already happened unlike oil companies who raise prices based on something that "might" happen in the future.

Ben
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply