Claim filed against me, cannot purchase???

I had a claim against me for non-delivery issues, filed by a buyer prematurely. I purchased a few things since then (my account has a negative balance because of this charge) but all of a sudden I cannot go through with a purchase until I pay this charge back that will very likely be closed as it was unnecessary. Why would I be able to buy then suddenly not allowed? I don't want to pay the claim until I am forced to do it. This seems pretty foolish on Ebay's part to allow me to bid or buy it now, and then not be allowed to go through with the payment portion of the deal. Things seem a little random, arbitrary and hit or miss on this site.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There ya go, you did the right thing. As time goes along, the situations become fewer and fewer.
Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you buy on ebay,you pay through paypal.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I don't want to pay the claim until I am forced to do it.

It's your choice of course, but be aware that if you refund the customer (even the one who panicked when his item was not delivered within 24 hours by a team of unicorns) that your selling account remains unaffected, while forcing Paypal to refund the customer and then collect from you will have a nasty effect on your selling account.

Do you back your PP account  with your balance from sales, with a bank account, or with a credit card?

The last would prevent this problem, since what eBay wants to be sure of is that it will be paid, and only a credit card can guarantee that.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, it is backed up with all three of thoses options you listed. Thanks for the reply. I will of course  chalk this up to a learning experience and never use surface mail without tracki g. Just odd I would be hampered from buying.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Never dispute an INR unless you have tracking. You will lose. Add those up and you will not be allowed to sell.
Photobucket
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the advice - I just paid it off to  avoid the stress and the inevitable loss. Stings, but lesson learned.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There ya go, you did the right thing. As time goes along, the situations become fewer and fewer.
Photobucket
Message 7 of 7
latest reply