Did anyone else get this message from paypal?

I got this email yesterday from paypal, it is interesting.  Is the information correct?

paypalinsight.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Remember... Sales to the US are international sales

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

The mobile statistic is interesting. I don't get emails like this from PayPal. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Yes I've received this for two months now.

Since I don't know how to cut and paste the picture, here's my stats:

Mobile 14%

International 81%   (which includes USA even though I sell on .COM and the store is on .COM)

New Customers 49%

Refunds 0%

Everything seems reasonable, I would expect stamp folks to be less mobile friendly, so the lower mobile number makes sense to me. I know from my own record keeping that about half of my sales are to repeat customers so this matches too....

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@cumos55 wrote:

Maybe for Canadians -- but who does PayPal class as international?

Do they adjust the info based on where the seller is or are they American-centric?

-..-

Update: so from ricarmic's comment, paypal bases on your home country address

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@cumos55 wrote:

Maybe for Canadians -- but who does PayPal class as international?

Do they adjust the info based on where the seller is or are they American-centric?

-..-

Update: so from ricarmic's comment, paypal bases on your home country address

RE home address, probably, but I'm one of those pesky "legacy" users so I'm never sure what they count me as......

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Does anyone know what eBay, PayPal and industry consider to be a mobile view or sale?

I have to assume for ebay it means something viewed and or sold on the eBay mobile app for eBay. Or perhaps anything that goes through the eBay mobile site (m.ebay.com).

I ask because from a physical point of view, a laptop is mobile but you use it with a regular browser like a desktop. A smartphone or tablet can use a regular browser instead of the mobile app available also. A tablet like the iPad is large enough to be like a laptop and it is easier to use the Safari browser on it instead of the clunky limited eBay app.

I will use an iPad to view the forums and read and browse listings. I do not list with iPad. I have tried the eBay mobile app out of curiosity on the ipad but it really sucks compared to the browser based eBay. Perhaps I am too firmly entrenched in desktops and browsers.

I also have viewed the forums on a smartphone using the mobile site views and browsed listings too to get a feel for "shopping" on eBay. I find doing anything on a smaller smartphone through the app to be challenging to "shop" let alone get an idea of what you are seeing and buying even with the zoom available on smartphones.

I guess I am too old school desktop orientated.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Poco has a good point... I disliked the mobile app so I use the "classic view" on my phone, which is the normal web based stuff like I see on the laptop, but of course freakishly small until I expand it.

Presumably if I buy something via the "classic view" despite the fact that it is on a phone, I bet it is not counted.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No , but I wish I did.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Someone said that they have been getting these for two months, so I checked and here is my July.  It said I had a refund and I said that is wrong, but then I remembered a guy who cancelled right away, and checked my paypal account so it must be right.  Now for July I was also closed for the first 2 weeks.  I think this information is valuable, now for what, I haven't figured out how to use it.  This is where I noticed that my US buyers had stopped buying from me since the switch to Canadian Dollars. 

paypal july.jpg

Message 10 of 10
latest reply