Do you Ever Call Customers too Calm them down!!

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I often have to call my American Customers from Canada. I just find somtimes as a Canadian, i have to call to calm down a customer down . Sometimes they think they should get the item like yesterday

I learn this tip. I found a service were calling America from Home is .13 cents a minute to and 7 cents across Canada . Basically you call a main # . Then dial with the customers # with no 1 at the begining

The service is wintel.ca ...if you find a cheaper serviced please place it in the thread . Or tell me your thoughts on calling people to calm them down
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

jaymor8
Community Member
We have London Telecom which is exactly the same premise, except it is unlimited nights and weekends in Canada & the US and during the day for the US, I think it's 5 cents a minute.

LOL...I love the title of this thread. It's really cute!

Jackie...
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
I also use London Telecom. There is a place called Yakalot, or something like that. I think it's www.yak.ca and it's supposed to be pretty good.

I have a nimrod bidder who I've written about on here. I've written to PS support about this guy and they give me the usual canned response and tell me to phone the guy.

No way am I phoning this fool and wasting more of my time and money. When your profit margin is slim to begin with, doesn't make sense to call the buyer, IMHO.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
I just looked a yak.....looks good question

How do you geet billed if you dial the number ...and can it be used at the office as well??
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

nhlflags
Community Member
Your title is right on the money.

Latley, i've had to call my American buyers more than i have in the past. Once they hear your voice, it's over. The worst part is that i have to call those AOL buyers who have their spam filters setup. They keep sending emails and non of mine reach them, so i end up having to call them to avoid a negative feedback.

I know another seller who's a friend of mine. He states in his policy that if the buyer doesn't hear anything from him within 3 days, then it's the buyer's responsibility to contact him. Still, i don't think that would protect from a negative though.

I have the High Speed bundle from Sympatico. So, i get 120 minutes of free long distance time per month for the same regular price. That helps a bit. 🙂
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Don't forget with London Telecom, you can take your access number with you, anywhere you go. When I was in Ontario and my hubby was in Quebec, I just used our Quebec access number to call him and all the calls got put on the one bill. Perfect for travelling or if you have a family member that you need to keep close tabs on, you can give them a number too.

Jackie...
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
We just set up with Distributel. We had been with London Telecom for more than 3 years but we almost halfed out long distance cost by making the switch. Our current deal is 4 hours of anytime long distance (Canada/USA) for $11.95 a month or just under $.05 a minute.

I've tried calling NPB's with very minimal success - they "hmm" and "ahh" a lot and make feable promises but when I hang up I usually know the only one getting any money will be the long distance provider.

I recently called someone who left me a neg without contacting me. She claimed she had never received the item. I pointed out that USPS claimed that a delivery attempt was made and that a notice for pickup was left. She hung up on me and USPS shows she picked up two days later. Once again it seems the only one who benfits from the call is the long distance provider because it certainly did nothing for me.

I don't call anymore.

Bill

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
I have never ever spoken to a customer and I never will. One of the lovely aspects of ebaying is that you don't have to "meet" your buyer. I find that a prompt response to their inquiry usually settles them down. I have no intention of wasting my time and money calling them...No way, never, ever!! Besides, if you can email them you can ensure that you are saying exactly what you mean to say and don't have to worry about how it is said. And you have a copy of what you said!! Gloria
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Good point Glo!!
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
RE the Yak A Lot, to be honest with you, I'm not sure how it works. I only know that my future daughter in law works there and she was saying how good it is. Apparently you can even use it on your cell phone, in some areas. It probably gives all the information on their website.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I've called customers before. Just speaking to them usually calms them down. I have free long distance in Canada and the US on my Telus cell phone so cost isn't an issue. As well for the 20 cents that one might spend, it is better than lost sales due to a neg.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply